This thread currently has 12,711 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
March 15, 2019, 3:48pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Going by Bet Victor's odds, it seems like the bookies haven't got any real clue yet.

Quoted Text
Pete Wild 4/1
Mick Priest 5/1
Peter Clarke 6/1
John Askey 8/1
Paul Heckingbottom 10/1
Steven Pressley 10/1
Jacques Santini 12/1
Paul Hurst 12/1
Phil Brown 14/1
Steve Evans 14/1
Darrell Clarke 14/1
John Sheridan 16/1
Dino Maamira 16/1
Russell Slade 16/1
David Hopkin 16/1
Jim Gannon 20/1
Lee Clark 20/1
Harry Kewell 20/1
Darren Ferguson 25/1
Owen Coyle 25/1
Robbie Fowler 25/1
Simon Grayson 25/1
Kevin Nolan 25/1
Jim Bentley 25/1
Tm Flowers 25/1
Mark Warburton 25/1
Stuart McCall 25/1
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 25/1
Paul Cox 25/1
Steve Cotterill 25/1
Graham Barrow 25/1
Billy Davies 25/1
Brian McDermott 25/1
Craig Bellamy 25/1
Dave Challinor 25/1
Gary Waddock 25/1
Gary Holt 25/1
Ian Holloway 25/1
Jamie Fullarton 25/1
Lee Bradbury 25/1
Lee Carsley 25/1
Nick Daws 25/1
Shaun Derry 25/1

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 58
HertsGTFC
March 15, 2019, 7:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Slade out

Always!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 58
louth_in_the_south
March 15, 2019, 9:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,675
Gold Stars: 95
Sounds like Oldham have got a joker of an owner who someone like Scholes doesn’t have the patience to put up with after working with the best of the best . And you know what I don’t blame him !
Oldham could be next seasons Notts County .

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 58
WesternMariner
March 16, 2019, 8:09am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +905
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Les Brechin
Going by Bet Victor's odds, it seems like the bookies haven't got any real clue yet.

Robbie Fowler spotted at Birch Services.

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 58
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 16, 2019, 11:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Sounds like Oldham have got a joker of an owner who someone like Scholes doesn’t have the patience to put up with after working with the best of the best . And you know what I don’t blame him !
Oldham could be next seasons Notts County .

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Right or wrong, the owner is the one who puts up the cash and says how the club will be run. Scholes is a fool. He thought his rep would win him some favours and leeway with the owner to get his own way but it didn't. He just did not do his own due diligence and paid the penalty. No good Scholes blaming the owner when he is only an employee.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 58
Stadium
March 16, 2019, 6:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19

He who pays the piper calls the tune.

Right or wrong, the owner is the one who puts up the cash and says how the club will be run. Scholes is a fool. He thought his rep would win him some favours and leeway with the owner to get his own way but it didn't. He just did not do his own due diligence and paid the penalty. No good Scholes blaming the owner when he is only an employee.

Wibbletastic.

Have you read the article??

Paul Scholes has resigned as manager of Oldham Athletic after just 31 days in the job.
The former Manchester United and England midfielder was appointed on an 18-month contract last month in what marked his first foray into management.
But he is understood to have tired quickly of interference from Oldham’s controversial Moroccan owner Abdallah Lemsagam and informed the club’s board on Thursday afternoon of his decision.
Scholes won just one of his seven games in charge and leaves Oldham lying in fourteenth position in League Two.

“It is with great regret that I have decided to leave the club with immediate effect,” Scholes said in a statement.

“I hoped to at the very least, see out my initial term of 18 months as the manager of a club I’ve supported all my life. The fans, players, my friends and family all knew how proud and excited I was to take this role.
“In the short period since I took on the role it unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role.
“I wish the fans, the players and the staff - who have been tremendous - all the best for the rest of the season and will continue to watch and support the club as a fan.”

Scholes had warned when he took the job that he would not tolerate any interference in first team matters from Lemsagam.
But the concerns harboured by those close to Scholes - many of whom had warned him against taking the job - have been borne out, with the 44-year-old eventually accepting that his position had become untenable.
In a statement, Oldham said: “Oldham Athletic Football Club can confirm that Paul Scholes has resigned from his position as First Team Manager with immediate effect.
“We would like to place on record our thanks to Paul for his efforts during his spell in charge of the club and would like to wish him well for the future. An update on the permanent replacement will be made as soon as possible.”
Lemsagam bought Oldham from Simon Corney in January last year and Scholes was his third permanent manager in just 15 months.
Richie Wellens was sacked last June and his replacement Frankie Bunn lasted six months before being dismissed at Christmas. Scholes took over on Feb. 11 from caretaker manager Pete Wild.
Lemsagam was subjected to a scathing attack from former Oldham player Craig Davies last summer following his move to Mansfield. Davies accused the owner of treating staff and players “in such a bad way” and claimed Wellens’s hands were tied as manager due to the “restrictions put on him”.

“With all the good at the club I wish it well in an unclear future because I can honestly say in the 14 years I've been a professional footballer I've never worked for someone that thinks it's acceptable to treat his staff and players in such a bad way,” Davies had said.
"This will have an effect on the mood of the club, not just the playing staff but the office staff too.""I feel very sorry for Richie Wellens who was an excellent manager for me but whose hands were clearly tied by the restrictions put on him by the chairman. I wish the club, not the owner, nothing but good fortune for the club season and the future."

Of course in the future you wont mind JF treating the manager & players in the same way??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 58
GrimRob
March 16, 2019, 8:27pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
For some people, they'd much rather be the boss than the employee, and if they can afford it they'll walk rather than put up with someone they don't get on with.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 46 - 58
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 17, 2019, 5:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Stadium

Wibbletastic.

Have you read the article??

Paul Scholes has resigned as manager of Oldham Athletic after just 31 days in the job.
The former Manchester United and England midfielder was appointed on an 18-month contract last month in what marked his first foray into management.
But he is understood to have tired quickly of interference from Oldham’s controversial Moroccan owner Abdallah Lemsagam and informed the club’s board on Thursday afternoon of his decision.
Scholes won just one of his seven games in charge and leaves Oldham lying in fourteenth position in League Two.

“It is with great regret that I have decided to leave the club with immediate effect,” Scholes said in a statement.

“I hoped to at the very least, see out my initial term of 18 months as the manager of a club I’ve supported all my life. The fans, players, my friends and family all knew how proud and excited I was to take this role.
“In the short period since I took on the role it unfortunately became clear that I would not be able to operate as I intended and was led to believe prior to taking on the role.
“I wish the fans, the players and the staff - who have been tremendous - all the best for the rest of the season and will continue to watch and support the club as a fan.”

Scholes had warned when he took the job that he would not tolerate any interference in first team matters from Lemsagam.
But the concerns harboured by those close to Scholes - many of whom had warned him against taking the job - have been borne out, with the 44-year-old eventually accepting that his position had become untenable.
In a statement, Oldham said: “Oldham Athletic Football Club can confirm that Paul Scholes has resigned from his position as First Team Manager with immediate effect.
“We would like to place on record our thanks to Paul for his efforts during his spell in charge of the club and would like to wish him well for the future. An update on the permanent replacement will be made as soon as possible.”
Lemsagam bought Oldham from Simon Corney in January last year and Scholes was his third permanent manager in just 15 months.
Richie Wellens was sacked last June and his replacement Frankie Bunn lasted six months before being dismissed at Christmas. Scholes took over on Feb. 11 from caretaker manager Pete Wild.
Lemsagam was subjected to a scathing attack from former Oldham player Craig Davies last summer following his move to Mansfield. Davies accused the owner of treating staff and players “in such a bad way” and claimed Wellens’s hands were tied as manager due to the “restrictions put on him”.

“With all the good at the club I wish it well in an unclear future because I can honestly say in the 14 years I've been a professional footballer I've never worked for someone that thinks it's acceptable to treat his staff and players in such a bad way,” Davies had said.
"This will have an effect on the mood of the club, not just the playing staff but the office staff too.""I feel very sorry for Richie Wellens who was an excellent manager for me but whose hands were clearly tied by the restrictions put on him by the chairman. I wish the club, not the owner, nothing but good fortune for the club season and the future."

Of course in the future you wont mind JF treating the manager & players in the same way??

All that stuff does not alter the outcome one iota. I repeat, Scholes is a fool. He did not do his due diligence about the owner or he would have known what he would get. If he had called me up and asked advice I could have told him before he set foot in the place. I have zero sympathy for the owner and minus one sympathy for Scholes.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 58
Gaffer58
March 17, 2019, 5:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Just out of interest can the owner sue Scholes for resigning and not fulfilling his contract, I'm sure if Scholes had been sacked he would have expected his contract to be honoured.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 58
Stadium
March 18, 2019, 12:33pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Gaffer58
Just out of interest can the owner sue Scholes for resigning and not fulfilling his contract, I'm sure if Scholes had been sacked he would have expected his contract to be honoured.

He may have given notice on his contract.
The owner and scholes then probably decided to terminate it by mutual consent.
So no legal recourse.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scholes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.