6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MeanwoodMariner
February 8, 2019, 10:00pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Christ how tough can it be for them to say you have to sell your stake in a club before being manager of another? How dodgy will any transfer between the clubs look in summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 58
promotion plaice
February 8, 2019, 10:06pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,998
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
Christ how tough can it be for them to say you have to sell your stake in a club before being manager of another? How dodgy will any transfer between the clubs look in summer.

"According to Sky Sources, the only restriction to Scholes taking over as manager of Oldham is that he will not be allowed to sign players from, or sell to Salford City."

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 58
KingstonMariner
February 8, 2019, 10:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from psgmariner

Made up hobby clubs with hypocritcal and ridiculous ways of operating.

Jesus wept man. Do you not know anything about FCUM?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 58
Laddy89
February 9, 2019, 12:28am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 6
FFS what a stupid post and waste of time.

If John McDermott owned 10% of Grimsby then got offered the managers job at Swindon would you be outraged and saying it should be stopped?

Of course not.

Boring post from a clueless person
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 58
immariner
February 9, 2019, 12:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,403
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Jesus wept man. Do you not know anything about FCUM?

They had major concerns with the way their club was ran, the debt the Glazers put the club into, and just the state of football at the top of the game. Fair enough. But imagine if disenfranchised supporters from other big clubs did the same and you had the upper non league full of FC United of Newcastle's and FC Villa of Aston's, potentially ending up in the football league- you wouldn't find that an absolute farce?

They could have gone and supported any number of historic, established non-league Manchester-area clubs, but instead decided to set up their own self-indulgent vanity project, thereby taking promotion places from those aforementioned clubs.

Nah. Though I support a lot of their beliefs, in principle, not the way to do it. I won't be sad if they fall away.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 58
Grantley
February 9, 2019, 1:18am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Laddy89
FFS what a stupid post and waste of time.

If John McDermott owned 10% of Grimsby then got offered the managers job at Swindon would you be outraged and saying it should be stopped?

Of course not.

Boring post from a clueless person

Clearly certain feelings run deeper than this thread...

I would certainly not want Jolley to own a stake in another club, even in the league below (and let’s face it, Salford will be joining us very soon, with their £4K a week wages on 2.5k crowds).

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 58
ska face
February 9, 2019, 12:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,514
Gold Stars: 831
Quoted from Laddy89

Well...yeah, obviously. That’s the point.

You’ve just changed the names and the teams, not sure why that would make a difference?
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 58
Madeleymariner
February 9, 2019, 2:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Good luck to him not, virtually no coaching and no management experience, would make me laugh to see them crash and burn to prove just because you earned a lot of money and played for England doesn't mean you will be a good manager but also fair do's he is starting at a fairly low level with a club he has a connection to.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 58
moosey_club
February 9, 2019, 3:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,183
Gold Stars: 224
Cant imagine it lasting too long personally.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 58
KingstonMariner
February 9, 2019, 9:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from immariner

They had major concerns with the way their club was ran, the debt the Glazers put the club into, and just the state of football at the top of the game. Fair enough. But imagine if disenfranchised supporters from other big clubs did the same and you had the upper non league full of FC United of Newcastle's and FC Villa of Aston's, potentially ending up in the football league- you wouldn't find that an absolute farce?

They could have gone and supported any number of historic, established non-league Manchester-area clubs, but instead decided to set up their own self-indulgent vanity project, thereby taking promotion places from those aforementioned clubs.

Nah. Though I support a lot of their beliefs, in principle, not the way to do it. I won't be sad if they fall away.

If that happened I'd be happy overall. Be much happier with clubs run by ordinary people with community spirit and identity than the international brigade of plutocrats, sponsored by gambling companies and promoted by lying media organisations.

I don't see it in anyway as a self-indulgent vanity project. There are plenty of ways to indulge yourself and boost your own ego, but putting in the effort and passion and intelligence to set-up and run a football club is not one of them.

A lot of the other non-league clubs are bank-rolled by sugar daddies who have their own agendas, so I don't see why a bunch of community owned and run clubs would somehow turn things into a farce.

As for going to support other local clubs, well that depends on how someone sees their identity. Those FCUM members obviously see themselves as Manchester United fans not Bury, or Rochdale, or (God forbid) Salford fans.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scholes

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.