January 29, 2019, 5:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,638
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from norfuk mariner

Won't beat Ron Cockerill .

I can just about remember John Cockerill, bit before my time!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 73
coddy60
January 29, 2019, 5:42pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +656
Gold Stars: 13
Hardly surprising, I told you all on Dec 28th 🙄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 73
Grimbiggs
January 29, 2019, 5:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Great penalty taker, but offered little else, often got caught dwelling on the ball, sidewards/ backwards passing, and the emergence of the midfield trio of Embleton, Clifton and Hess, meant regular starts would have been very limited. Frees up another wage, and if we are to move forward we need to be positive and unlike Sladey get rid of the dead wood. Good luck to him though, and thanks for saving us from certain relegation with those penalties. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 73
ginnywings
January 29, 2019, 5:51pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Got to be an incoming player or two now. Mitch has helped save both Newport and us from almost certain relegation, and i thank him greatly for that and wish him well. Notts need players like him right now, and i actually thought he was a better player than some give him credit, but he also had plenty of games when he didn't look that good, so the usual inconsistency that a lot of players have at this level.

Good luck to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 73
devs
January 29, 2019, 5:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,984
Gold Stars: 30
Good news IMO
Nothing against Rose but he's not what we want/need if have aspirations to challenge next season
Well covered in midfield, including a couple of defenders who can play defensive midfield
Famewo going will also free up cash - I really rate him even though we haven't seen too ,uch...but he was excellent at MK Dons and I can see why he's highly rated

This will all free up the 4k a week we need for Rhead...

I would guess that there is something in the pipeline - and it might depend on about 4/5 moves behind the scenes...it's always frantic getting everything to align
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 73
Croxton
January 29, 2019, 5:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,021
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Dont quite see why we would let him go now unless we deffo have a quality player lined up that we didn't have the budget for. Would rather have seen Welsh off down the road.

Too expensive to cancel his contract unless he had not settled for some reason. Perhaps Mitch has smelt the coffee and taken his own initiative?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 73
buckstown
January 29, 2019, 5:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,236
Gold Stars: 79
Famewo and Mitch going is making my neck hairs a little bit erect. Hope MJ and JSF are preparing to push the boat out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 73
Sussexmariner
January 29, 2019, 5:59pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +623
Gold Stars: 18
I think in this case everyone is a winner.

Mitch Rose Clearly wasn’t in MJ’s long-term plans and his contract would’ve finished at the end of this season and he would’ve been able to walk away. Notts County have offered him a 18 month contract And rather than town pay for his wages until the end of his contract they’ve allowed him to go, freeing up the money hopefully for a better player.  

Like most people here I thought he was a good honest player and just imagine the pressure he was under taking those penalties to make sure that our club stayed in the league!  I know somebody that knows him off the pitch  and by all accounts he is a very likeable and  approachable guy so good luck to him.

Are we any closer to getting promoted since Hurst has been here? No

Has he been given time to achieve promotion by the chairman and fans? Yes

Hurst out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 73
Abdul19
January 29, 2019, 6:02pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,596
Gold Stars: 219
Thanks for the expert pens and good luck. I think we have better and would also expect a signing to be coming in. He gets another 12 months employment out of it so good for him.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mitch Rose Leaves

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.