8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
January 29, 2019, 10:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,413
Gold Stars: 1,497
Today's developments make the signing of Joe Grayson last week, which looked strange at the time, make a lot more sense given that he can cover at centre half and centre mid.

When I first heard about Rose leaving I thought that was strange too, but it's more logical the more you think about it. Evidently wasn't going to get a new deal in the summer, it gives the player an extra year's security now (albeit with no guarantee of that being in the league) and it frees up much needed cash to reinforce areas we're arguably weaker in.

Rose, for me, was a steady if unspectacular midfielder but one who contributed massively to us remaining a football league outfit last season. Say what you like about 'a player should be more than a penalty' - without Mitch we might well have been heading to Havant & Waterlooville on Saturday.

Wish him all the best and I hope he helps keep the 'pies up. They've been tragically mismanaged but it would be a travesty for a club with, quite literally, more history than any other to be replaced by a soulless vanity project like Salford or Fylde.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
chaos33
January 29, 2019, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Good interview on RH Sportstalk tonight. Seems like a mutual agreement that moving on was best for club and player. Like others, massively grateful for his contribution last season, but feel we need a better player if we want to compete at the top of the division. There would be one or two more I'd say we need to upgrade too. Thanks to the player and Good Luck.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
HertsGTFC
January 29, 2019, 10:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,870
Gold Stars: 227
Great penalty taker, helped keep us up last season without a doubt.

A bit ponderous on the ball not the quickest but a good competitor. I think Woolly in the middle gives us much more creativity.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
oochiad
January 29, 2019, 10:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Thanks Mitch, you were an absolute ledge for us. Good luck with your future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
chaos33
January 29, 2019, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Great penalty taker, helped keep us up last season without a doubt.

A bit ponderous on the ball not the quickest but a good competitor. I think Woolly in the middle gives us much more creativity.

Woolford is another one id like us to upgrade.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
moosey_club
January 29, 2019, 10:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,195
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from wiggers
Must be in the minority but I really liked his effort and actually thought he should be in the team more often. I wish him all the best and hope his means some new signings are imminent.

With you..the one midfielder we had that could physically match the bigger boys in this division...ably stood in as right back when needed and gave one of the trickiest premiership players a bit of a beasting only a few weeks ago.

Thank you and all the best from me.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
GTFCH
January 29, 2019, 11:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +79
Good luck Mitch. Gutted to see you leave. A player who showed a lot of personality on the pitch and I felt always entertained even if it wasn’t always great! He started doing kick ups in the middle of the pitch at Chesterfield. He showed bottle on numerous occasions from the spot. The one at Exeter I felt summed Mitch up, just strolls on off the bench and slots it. Class.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
RonMariner
January 30, 2019, 12:48am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,534
Gold Stars: 224
Great though his is from the spot, from what I saw in the Macc game, he is not what we need if we want to challenge at the top end next season.

I hope that this is about freeing up the wage bill for incoming quality. The alternative is too scary to contemplate. Remember last season around this time it looked like we were pretty safe and next thing you know Osbourne, Clements and Jones all departed. What a false economy that turned out.

No, I think we are looking at improving the squad. Certainly happy with the signing of Hendrie, Ring and Ohman. Looks like we are aiming higher.  

Just think we need another goal scorer to work with Thomas up front.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
Mrs Doyle
January 30, 2019, 4:56am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Must say he did a job and filled in when required not as mobile or skilful as some but best penalty taker we have had for years.

Good luck at County Mitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
Davec
January 30, 2019, 4:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Well with this departure and with us playing a 3-5-2 I think it's a safe bet to assume that Jolley has another centre mid lined up, alongside hopefully a striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mitch Rose Leaves

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.