chipsandgravy
January 22, 2019, 7:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,597
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
Whether he jumped or was pushed doesn't really matter. Talented player, but just not mobile enough for either League 2 or the way MJ wants the team to play, which is looking like wing backs and high energy. Needs a different formation and players to do the things he can't around him. If you do that, he has to produce goals and chances to earn a place. I liked him but he's one piece of the jigsaw that looks like it doesn't quite fit. He brought a bit of footballing nous, but ultimately didn't reach the heights i was hoping he would.

Good luck to him all the same.

I was always waiting for him to come good and apart from the odd periods here and there I dont think he did when he got fit. Like i said earlier his body language in games suggested to me that he has still hasnt "fallen back in love with the game" and maybe that was even more evident in training. Good luck to him though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 51
RoboCod
January 22, 2019, 7:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I thought against Macc he was rather lethargic, as Ring grew in confidence he and Pringle were almost stepping on each others toes. Let Ring develop and forage forward and he can make that side of the pitch his own.
Pringle...almost a little too much on the luxury player border and replaceable for me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 51
rancido
January 22, 2019, 7:56pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
I think some of the posters on here are reading too much into this. His contract is up at PNE in the summer and he's getting towards the latter stages of his career. MJ is starting to get a feel for what is required in this league and possibly feels that some of the players he brought in during the summer are not , in hindsight, what is required to take us forward. Most of the managers we have had over the last 10 years or so have either experienced playing at our level or managed at this level and as such were fully aware of most of the players on " the circuit". MJ didn't have that kind of experience and in a way was " feeling his way in the dark". MJ has shown that he has faith in young players who can develop as opposed to more mature players who can only decline. He couldn't make wholesale changes in the summer so he did keep some experience in the likes of Collins and Woolford but I should imagine they will be gone in the summer. I liked Pringle but felt he was a bit hit and miss and never seemed to support his full back as much as I would have liked.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 51
gaz57
January 22, 2019, 8:02pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +993
Gold Stars: 3
That's the problem with Pringles you just start enjoying them and they run out. UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 51
Croxton
January 22, 2019, 8:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ex-merseymariner
related questions;   can Max Wright play wing back?  how long is he at Boston for?

Until end March I believe. He's served his time at Scarborough and Boston. Bags of energy and tons of assists. Attacks the box, wins free kicks and crosses with either foot. Better 15-20 min for town than 90 at Boston.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 51
Abdul19
January 22, 2019, 9:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Surely the end of the season?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 51
TwoLeftFeet
January 22, 2019, 9:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
I liked Pringle think he's an intelligent player apart from Embleton we haven't got much in the way of creativity in the team.

You watch him be ace for Tranmere..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 51
Croxton
January 23, 2019, 12:33am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Abdul19
Surely the end of the season?

OS says 'until March' whatever that means!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 51
Mrs Doyle
January 23, 2019, 5:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Pringle is a talented player but our system does not suit him he is not your box to box workhorse more a playmaker.

We base our game on defending deep and trying to hit a team on the break with pace???

That is not Pringles game he is clearly happiest in midfield with time to make a pass or cross drifting about although Jolley tried changing him from side to side never felt Pringle showed he was happy being asked to defend.

Probably a luxury player we can't play for he will do well in a better-organised side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 51
1mickylyons
January 23, 2019, 7:20am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Tommy
Makes perfect sense as he doesn't fit into the 3-5-2 system that it looks like we're setting up for properly now. There just isn't a position on the pitch he is suited to in that system.

Had a bit of an impact for us, with good quality on the ball.

I don't hold the fact that he has no pace against him, certainly not as a criticism, because at the end of the day you can either run fast or you can't. There's not much you can do about that. And I think at times people mistake being lazy with just not being physically able to run around at 100mph all the time.

No bad feeling towards him but certainly no loss either now it's onto 352.

That`s how I saw it good footballer with a good delivery but obviously short of pace and this led to our fullbacks being stretched.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pringle Moves to Tranmere

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.