6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 22, 2019, 5:04pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
Whether he jumped or was pushed doesn't really matter. Talented player, but just not mobile enough for either League 2 or the way MJ wants the team to play, which is looking like wing backs and high energy. Needs a different formation and players to do the things he can't around him. If you do that, he has to produce goals and chances to earn a place. I liked him but he's one piece of the jigsaw that looks like it doesn't quite fit. He brought a bit of footballing nous, but ultimately didn't reach the heights i was hoping he would.

Good luck to him all the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
Garth
January 22, 2019, 5:06pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Too much of a side, back and across the field passer for me, the style of team that Jolly wants would make him redundant most of the time, no worries from me.
If I had to choose between an experience player like him and young Harry Clifton I would choose Harry speaks volumes for me, I do think however he will suit Tranmere in more ways than one
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
fishboyUTM
January 22, 2019, 5:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Very disappointed to see him move on. He's a very good and clever footballer. You need many attributes within a team to be successful. You don't need a goalkeeper and ten runners, Pringle is a technical footballer with a wand of a left foot and an intelligent footballing brain. I don't know why he has left as the club hasn't said, so I must speculate.

I don't necessarily buy the argument that we are now playing 3-5-2 and he won't fit into the formation. We've tried that formation at least a couple of times and it hasn't worked, we've had to change back. His delivery from dead balls and in play is levels ahead what we have. We'll miss the balance he gives us. I think there was more to come and it looks like Tranmere may benefit as he'll leave us a much fitter player than when he arrived.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
jonnyboy82
January 22, 2019, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Dunno.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
Madeleymariner
January 22, 2019, 5:38pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Disappointed, best footballer at the club
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
arryarryarry
January 22, 2019, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from chipsandgravy
His body language never convinced me that he had never quite signed up for Mariners.

Overall I would have to agree, when I first saw him I thought he was a bit lightweight  but then when he had a run in the side I thought he became quite an important part of the team, at Northampton I thought he had an outstanding game.

However in recent weeks I thought he was going backwards and his contribution in some games was lacking.

Good luck to the guy (apart from when we play Tranmere) and let's hope we can add to the side with someone who may take on defenders a bit more.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 51
Abdul19
January 22, 2019, 5:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
Big surprise. I get the formation thing, but we can't be planning on playing it for every minute of every game for the rest of the season. But then again, it'd be a big chunk of wage bill sat on the bench - I hope this saving will be used to bring in someone else.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
ska face
January 22, 2019, 6:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
Is he going to be here next year? Very doubtful. So look at it as a positive that every pound saved on his wage is a pound that could go towards someone that might be a regular in next year’s squad.

Let’s be honest - were not going up and unlikely to go down, so Jolley’s doing the right thing in getting sorted sooner rather than later.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
monkeyboy
January 22, 2019, 6:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
As my previous thread i never see what was that great about him tbh.
He could put a cross in but the left side was always weak when he played with Fox having a torrid time trying to do the defensive work his self, now Fox i am sorry to lose. 100% from the lad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
ex-merseymariner
January 22, 2019, 6:47pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
related questions;   can Max Wright play wing back?  how long is he at Boston for?

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pringle Moves to Tranmere

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.