LJC
January 21, 2019, 3:24pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -50
Quoted from Tommy
You go from saying this....

....to this....

If the stats aren't too much of a concern why did you bring them up in the first place in your first post?

If the stats aren't too much of a concern, why do you go on to say in the same paragraph about having "a lot more shots"?

You could've had 25 shots but if 23 of them were from 40 yards out and were closer to row z than the goal then the stat is hardly of any relevance is it.
The highlights give the impression it was a fairly even game, chances wise, so thanks for the patronising and contradictory posts, but cheerio.

The first point is illustrating how you were not offering much in the final third. Which you weren't. Then somebody says we offered little more than you, to which my point was, it doesn't matter if you win the game, and seeing as we are top the stats in one game aren't too indicitave.  I also wanted to say that's whilst shots on target were close between us, overall shots were not. Reference long range shot skewing stats. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't remember us having too many long range shots. Except the one that went in
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 99
Gaffer58
January 21, 2019, 3:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,094
Gold Stars: 31
All these Lincoln fans coming on the Fishy to explain how good they are compared to us, just think in 3 seasons time when they are in the premier ship how they can go on Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea fans forums to give them the benefit of their knowledge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 99
TwoLeftFeet
January 21, 2019, 3:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,069
Gold Stars: 18
Amazing another Gimp turns up funny we never used to get any on here or at BP....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 99
LJC
January 21, 2019, 3:50pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Let me put you right here..
I was stopped in the street on Saturday  by 4 old boys, probably into their 70s who have seen Lincoln for a lot more years than 98% of your current fan base who made the statement to me...and yes, the older, truer fans do not like his style and have issues with his behaviour on the touch line...so it's not jealousy in any manner or form...
As for not being insulting, I'm afraid just posting on this board whilst the going is good for Lincoln is insulting...it appears to most of us on here that the Lincoln mob(not sure actually if you are a Lincoln fan or just out to be controversial) only rear their gargoyle when they are doing better than us...
And all I am saying is if and when, because I believe it will happen, GTFC are at higher level than Lincoln we won't give 2 hoots how they are doing and yes, I do only care about my club...

Again, i was offering an opnion on a GTFC fans view of Lincoln, and on  Lincoln Grimsby game. Not sure why they're are truer fans? There have been enough bad times in the last 30 year's for people to experience poor seasons. And it's no more jealousy than my comments are patronizing.

But I will stop commenting now. I feel I have righted the wrongs I needed to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 99
ginnywings
January 21, 2019, 3:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Thanks for your wisdom LJC. Truly inspirational the way you righted all those wrongs.

Is there a Nobel prize for football?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 99
Northbank Mariner
January 21, 2019, 4:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from LJC

Again, i was offering an opnion on a GTFC fans view of Lincoln, and on  Lincoln Grimsby game. Not sure why they're are truer fans? There have been enough bad times in the last 30 year's for people to experience poor seasons. And it's no more jealousy than my comments are patronizing.

But I will stop commenting now. I feel I have righted the wrongs I needed to.

I say truer fans because I don't like throwing insults but let's be honest, 98% of you fans base are plastic...as we sang on Saturday to your 617 squadron..."where were you when you were sh!t"

Now I will stop now I have righted your wrongs..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 99
LJC
January 21, 2019, 4:07pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I say truer fans because I don't like throwing insults but let's be honest, 98% of you fans base are plastic...as we sang on Saturday to your 617 squadron..."where were you when you were sh!t"

Now I will stop now I have righted your wrongs..

You sang on saturday?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 99
Northbank Mariner
January 21, 2019, 4:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from LJC

You sang on saturday?

Yep, all 1500, give or take a few, in the same way we sing at every away game....and by the way, the chant your W@nkers sang about MJ was out of order....just about shows the juvenile intelligence of the d!cks of the so called 617, which if some of the soldiers/airmen who formed the air corps, ever heard I'm sure they'd have been mortified and turning in their grave...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 99
Gaffer58
January 21, 2019, 5:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,094
Gold Stars: 31
Northbank, please stop answering him, he said he had finished then he's back again, if he keeps coming back it will soon be more regular than a Lincoln kiss, (elbow).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 99
Northbank Mariner
January 21, 2019, 5:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
Northbank, please stop answering him, he said he had finished then he's back again, if he keeps coming back it will soon be more regular than a Lincoln kiss, (elbow).

I shall take your sage words on board...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.