10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
ska face
January 21, 2019, 1:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
I see we’ve attracted yet another footballing missionary from the enlightened ones up the A46. Fantastic.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 99
LJC
January 21, 2019, 1:33pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -50
Quoted from ska face
I see we’ve attracted yet another footballing missionary from the enlightened ones up the A46. Fantastic.

Yeah, there seemed to be a bit of misinformation about us I could see nobody was rushing to correct.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 99
rancido
January 21, 2019, 1:50pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from LJC

Yeah, there seemed to be a bit of misinformation about us I could see nobody was rushing to correct.

Maybe you were the only one to think it was misinformation!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 99
Northbank Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Taxi for LJC.....
If we want our face running the mud we'll do our ourselves thank you, we don't need a you and we don't want your style of foitbsll..
Even your own fans, well your real fans who have been there through thick n thin, don't appreciate the crap Cowley seems to play and they cannot believe you are where you are...that said, go to league 1, we'll see you in 2021 wether that's us coming up or you going down..be a right....be a right old buddy though if you got relegated and we got promoted....and would we jump on your forum?...nah, because we care what GTFC do and not other clubs, neighbours or not, pure and simple
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 99
mariner83

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from LJC

if the best they can do is have one shot on target against their closest league rivals that isn't changing.

Lincoln only managed 2 - fair enough one of those went in.  Considering the difference in budgets/league positions I would have expected more.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 74 - 99
ska face
January 21, 2019, 1:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,657
Gold Stars: 847
This new breed of Lincoln fans are like lottery winners who spend their time telling other people how to put a lucky dip on.
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 99
Bigdog
January 21, 2019, 2:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ska face
This new breed of Lincoln fans are like lottery winners who spend their time telling other people how to put a lucky dip on.

It's times like this when I wish Fenty would pull his finger out and get the investment necessary and a new stadium sorted to get these idiots trailing in our wake forever..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 99
LJC
January 21, 2019, 2:15pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -50
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Taxi for LJC.....
If we want our face running the mud we'll do our ourselves thank you, we don't need a you and we don't want your style of foitbsll..
Even your own fans, well your real fans who have been there through thick n thin, don't appreciate the crap Cowley seems to play and they cannot believe you are where you are...that said, go to league 1, we'll see you in 2021 wether that's us coming up or you going down..be a right....be a right old buddy though if you got relegated and we got promoted....and would we jump on your forum?...nah, because we care what GTFC do and not other clubs, neighbours or not, pure and simple

You dont just care about GTFC, my post was replying to a quote about LCFC a lesser man may see as jealousy. As for the true fans who've supported Lincoln through thick and thin disliking Cowley. That seems like something that's been made up on the drive home to make yourself feel better, I'm familiar with Lincoln pre 2016 and post and never rarely we had many qualms about style of play and certainly not the Cowley's. Don't think I have said anything too outrageous or insulting either, but maybe i should wait til 2021 to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 99
Tommy
January 21, 2019, 2:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
You go from saying this....

Quoted from LJC

Overall point being GTFC are going nowhere, slowly, and if the best they can do is have one shot on target against their closest league rivals that isn't changing. Whether 11 Lincoln player should be in the pitch or not, it's irrelavnt to how blunt Grimsby are.

....to this....

Quoted from LJC
Reference the 2 shots on target to one, that's fine but kind of ignoring the point. The usual cliches apply with derbies, that form goes out the window, so a win in a derby is a win. The stats aren't too much of a concern, especially if you've won the game. What I am saying is that we did win the game, but overall we also had a lot more shots, and seeing as the league is going well it hardly feels like papering over the cracks by being happy with 2 shots to 1 against a team 15th just this once.

If the stats aren't too much of a concern why did you bring them up in the first place in your first post?

If the stats aren't too much of a concern, why do you go on to say in the same paragraph about having "a lot more shots"?

You could've had 25 shots but if 23 of them were from 40 yards out and were closer to row z than the goal then the stat is hardly of any relevance is it.
The highlights give the impression it was a fairly even game, chances wise, so thanks for the patronising and contradictory posts, but cheerio.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 99
Northbank Mariner
January 21, 2019, 2:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from LJC

You dont just care about GTFC, my post was replying to a quote about LCFC a lesser man may see as jealousy. As for the true fans who've supported Lincoln through thick and thin disliking Cowley. That seems like something that's been made up on the drive home to make yourself feel better, I'm familiar with Lincoln pre 2016 and post and never rarely we had many qualms about style of play and certainly not the Cowley's. Don't think I have said anything too outrageous or insulting either, but maybe i should wait til 2021 to see.

Let me put you right here..
I was stopped in the street on Saturday  by 4 old boys, probably into their 70s who have seen Lincoln for a lot more years than 98% of your current fan base who made the statement to me...and yes, the older, truer fans do not like his style and have issues with his behaviour on the touch line...so it's not jealousy in any manner or form...
As for not being insulting, I'm afraid just posting on this board whilst the going is good for Lincoln is insulting...it appears to most of us on here that the Lincoln mob(not sure actually if you are a Lincoln fan or just out to be controversial) only rear their gargoyle when they are doing better than us...
And all I am saying is if and when, because I believe it will happen, GTFC are at higher level than Lincoln we won't give 2 hoots how they are doing and yes, I do only care about my club...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 99
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.