Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Back Four...........
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 258 Guests

Back Four...........

This thread currently has 6,869 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
January 3, 2019, 10:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,879
Gold Stars: 42
Pollock made numerous defensive headers at Exeter didn’t he?  He would not be too much of a risk - given that we are worst than “bare bones” at CB.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 49
immariner
January 4, 2019, 12:00am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
It really depends how close Collins and Famewo are to returning. I guess only Moore and Jolley know this. If there's a decent chance that one or both will be back for Macclesfield (with Davis to return after mandatory concussion break), then it isn't imperative we get someone in. However, I'd have thought that getting someone in on a month's loan would have covered us for Palace and potentially allowed us to ease Collins and Famewo back in to it, possibly with a couple of reserve games first. Still, wouldn't be surprised if we announced a short term loan signing tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 49
January 4, 2019, 12:09am
Guest User
What about Whitmore? I know he got carded, but does that apply to FA cup as well as league games?
Reply: 22 - 49
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2019, 12:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I think the thing is with Pollock is whether it's right for him to rush him into a big game like this. Pretty sure Jolley will be taking the longer term view. I suppose it could work the other way if the game is seen as a 'no pressure' game, not a 'must win' game. Between his old man and Jolley, I'd imagine whatever the decision, it's most likely the right one.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 49
Cloudy
January 4, 2019, 7:59am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
I suspect Connor Whickham will start up front for Palace, That could be a test for our first choice centre backs let alone makeshift ones.
Hope we all go and enjoy it, fully support the team and hace a greajtt day out whatever the result
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 49
Jarmo.Is.God
January 4, 2019, 8:37am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I would keep the back 4 the same, and have Welsh in front of them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 49
Maringer
January 4, 2019, 9:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Wickham is a capable footballer and a big lad but he's never converted his abilities into the goals which were expected from him. Let's hope this continues tomorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 49
Northbank Mariner
January 4, 2019, 9:15am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

We'd be down to 10 men within 5 minutes if you put Welsh in there...
Hess does as a far better job, he's quicker and moves forward with the ball.... can't see Welsh getting a start in the team at any point while Hess is fit...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 49
mariner91
January 4, 2019, 9:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Think that would be extremely unfair on Hess who has been our best player in that position this season. Far more mobile and better on the ball than Welsh.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 49
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 4, 2019, 9:29am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from arryarryarry

I didn't think Rose played that well, he tried too many tricks in dangerous positions for me.

Woolford has no pace and spent most of the last 20 minutes of the game passing to Mansfield players.

Think Rose was guilty of this in first 20 minutes but after losing the ball on two or three occasions seemed to me to cut this out his game and overall I thought he did really well playing out of position.

Don’t think he was helped by the hobby git in seat, roughly N41 in Upper Findus, who constantly berated him whichever option he chose. If Rose controlled the ball and tried a short pass this guy wanted it booted long, if Rose sent it down the line he wanted him to pull it down and pass it short. He also constantly criticised HJ and Hendrie for clearing their lines or missing a header, took no account of their size and positional change. Fortunately he was mostly a lone voice as others supporters got behind the team but the type of fan who is a complete pain in the arris!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Back Four...........

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.