No Members and 184 Guests

Pringle

This thread currently has 4,560 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
January 3, 2019, 2:03pm
Guest User
Quoted from Davec

Surely we're not paying him 6k a week!

Where did you hear that? If that's true thats mad! Surely that's his Preston wage, which I imagine we are splitting?...
Reply: 10 - 25
Mendonca1995
January 3, 2019, 2:13pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from Cloudy
I have been dissapointed in Pringle of late. He can deliver a cross or a decent pass but too often isnt in the game, very slow lacks any sort of physicality. If thats what £6k pw gets you the worlds gone mad

I have to agree to be honest he’s been ok but I’m not over excited about him as I was when he first signed, he puts over some decent balls and links well with Vernam but he has no pace for a winger and is very weak in the tackle and in the air I’m yet to see him beat a player one for one we have had some fantastic wingers over the years here but he wouldn’t make my top 10 unfortunately

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
jimgtfc
January 3, 2019, 2:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
He gives us a bit of the quality and creativity we were desperately lacking in the first part of the season, and like others have said I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our form has improved since he has come into the side. His strength is clearly when he’s on the ball, he moves it well and quickly, spots a pass early and can deliver quality crosses and set pieces. I can remember him from his Rotherham days and was a threat running with the ball too, but he seems to be a yard or two short of the pace he had then and that’s probably why he’s now at this level. It’ll be interesting to see how he links up with Sebastian Ring, given how he’s apparently an attacking full back.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Maringer
January 3, 2019, 2:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,505
Gold Stars: 185
I didn't think he was great against Mansfield and was perhaps bullied out of it a bit as their defenders were pretty substantially built as well as being quite athletic, but I think he's generally been a good signing for us. A good ball player capable of linking up with the others we now have so he's generally going to add more to the team than we lose from having him in.

My only concern is that we have a relatively 'lightweight' attack and some of the referees you get at this level are going to let the meatier teams bully us out of games. Other than Cardwell, not one of our attackers is over 6 foot and most are relatively slight as well. The midfield are pretty short, too. The players have shown that they will all put in a shift but we are a pretty diminutive team all round these days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
headingly_mariner
January 3, 2019, 2:42pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Fine player. We look at our best when he is on the ball a lot. Only thing missing has been goals from him. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by his work ethic.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Abdul19
January 3, 2019, 3:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Davec

Surely we're not paying him 6k a week!

I wouldn't be surprised if Preston are though.

I like him, he's like a much better Woolford.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
chaos33
January 3, 2019, 3:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Fine player. We look at our best when he is on the ball a lot. Only thing missing has been goals from him. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by his work ethic.

This.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
ginnywings
January 3, 2019, 3:56pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
I think he's a very intelligent player, but a bit of a luxury. He's excellent in an attacking sense, but limited in the defensive side of things, so you need hard working players around him, and if he's not on it in a game, then he doesn't offer much else. Hopefully, he still has some way to go in the fitness stakes yet, and will improve the other aspects of his game further. If he does, he will be some player at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
Cloudy
January 3, 2019, 4:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Hagrid
pringle has quality, he is a luxury player i'll admit but he brings something different too us, as said our good run coincides with him playing

Cloudy are you ever happy?

I’m very Happy thank you.

Just have an opinion that may be different to some others. No doubt he has quality and vision but feel his performances have dropped over the last few games, Mansfield, Exeter, Port Vale etc.

His wage at Preston is said to be £6/7k pw and NO I didn’t suggest we were paying that! Maybe £1500/2000pw max?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
TheRealJohnLewis
January 3, 2019, 4:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Has no one noticed how hard Pringle tries to get back and help Fox out as soon as play has turned over.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pringle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.