Bigdog
January 3, 2019, 5:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ginnywings
I think he's a very intelligent player, but a bit of a luxury. He's excellent in an attacking sense, but limited in the defensive side of things, so you need hard working players around him, and if he's not on it in a game, then he doesn't offer much else. Hopefully, he still has some way to go in the fitness stakes yet, and will improve the other aspects of his game further. If he does, he will be some player at this level.

Agree with this.

With the ball and on set pieces he's excellent, without the ball he's a bit of a liability and a weak link. Jury's out for me.. not sure whether we need someone with more pace and dynamism out wide for the balance of the team or not. Noticed his performances have dropped off when we've lost the pace of Vernam on the other side. Maybe having to play both Cardwell and Pringle out wide puts too much pressure on us and makes us less dynamic than we could be. Hopefully Pringle has the capacity to get quicker and sharper game by game because I do enjoy watching him on the ball, and with Vernam returning, I'm reserving the right to form a fuller opinion on Pringle until later on in the season..

Did like seeing him on Twitter cajoling Embleton into signing, so he must feel at home and part of it here which is important..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 25
Jarmo.Is.God
January 4, 2019, 8:42am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I like both Pringle & Woolford.

The thing is, they are not your typical wingers that we have been use to for 10 years that have loads of pace, and nothing else, they are the total opposite
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 25
Kris2
January 4, 2019, 9:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Bigdog

Agree with this.

With the ball and on set pieces he's excellent, without the ball he's a bit of a liability and a weak link. Jury's out for me.. not sure whether we need someone with more pace and dynamism out wide for the balance of the team or not. Noticed his performances have dropped off when we've lost the pace of Vernam on the other side. Maybe having to play both Cardwell and Pringle out wide puts too much pressure on us and makes us less dynamic than we could be. Hopefully Pringle has the capacity to get quicker and sharper game by game because I do enjoy watching him on the ball, and with Vernam returning, I'm reserving the right to form a fuller opinion on Pringle until later on in the season..

Did like seeing him on Twitter cajoling Embleton into signing, so he must feel at home and part of it here which is important..

If somebody has his ability to take set pieces, cross the ball,pass and also has pace and dynamism.....Do you honestly think we'd be signing them? Honestly some people are dreaming when it comes to the type of players they think we should be signing  .

We've needed a proper corner taker for ages and somebody who can take good free kicks, it's been an issue and now we have two who are pretty decent on delivery. I think we can deal with his weaknesses at this level and not need him defensively. I'd rather have somebody who can get us goals from set pieces than somebody who runs around all game with little  end product. Would you rather have a Pringle or a Tombola?
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 25
Northbank Mariner
January 4, 2019, 9:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

The thing is, they are not your typical wingers that we have been use to for 10 years that have loads of pace, and nothing else, they are the total opposite

Agree with this, both Pringle and Woolford  lack pace but what they both have is quick feet and can both turn on a six pence.

What I am bemused at is that the way Woolie turned the Lincoln defenders  inside out and they never got the ball off him is why he has never shown that again....at least with Pringle we get an all heart display with some scrumptious balls into the box...oh and btw, Woolie played down the right flank against Lincoln....just saying...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 25
diehardmariner
January 4, 2019, 9:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
I like Pringle, I think he's something different not just for us but for this level really.  There's not a lot of players knocking around the lower leagues with his technical qualities.

I actually think he does work hard but he's just not defensive minded at all, which is probably where people feel he's a bit lazy.  He does track back, I'm just not sure he really knows how to do it properly.  

I like the fact that Jolley is building a side that's got a mixture of that graft and luxury, but the luxury element is willing to put shifts in too - even if it's a bit foreign to them, Vernam's another example of that.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 25
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2019, 11:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I must have been asleep for the last decade. I don't remember this at all. In my slumbers I had recurring nightmares about a smallish fair haired bloke who appeared to run quick but he always seemed to be tethered to a piece of elastic that pulled him back, accompanied by ghostly moans of 'keep us shairp'.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Pringle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.