Davec
December 24, 2018, 7:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,442
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Brilliant idea. Could be something the Trust could faciltate and add an online donation page. Think more people would donate than would’ve attended the games.
Our youth setup is providing us with first team players and long may that continue.

I agree with this idea. Anybody who isn't going to a checkatrade game and would have normally gone can spend extra in the club shop or donate that match ticket fee to the youth set up and if the trust could set this up then it can be an ongoing effort to support the youths.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
diehardmariner
December 24, 2018, 9:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Before I give the club praise, I would like to know exactly what the voting options were.

If it was a simple case of Yes or No to the current format including the Under-23 sides, then yes full credit to them for at long last taking the views of the fans on board.

If the voting was more complex than a Yes/No, i.e. here are some options for further adjusting of the format please select your preferred format, then I would like to know exactly what it was that the club voted for.

Not trying to negative on this, but the club don't exactly have a great record with these issues do they?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
Meza
December 24, 2018, 2:23pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from diehardmariner
Before I give the club praise, I would like to know exactly what the voting options were.

If it was a simple case of Yes or No to the current format including the Under-23 sides, then yes full credit to them for at long last taking the views of the fans on board.

If the voting was more complex than a Yes/No, i.e. here are some options for further adjusting of the format please select your preferred format, then I would like to know exactly what it was that the club voted for.

Not trying to negative on this, but the club don't exactly have a great record with these issues do they?

Your a hard person to please.  They've now done exactly what fans wanted.  So for me if I go to these matches atleast I'm going knowing they don't support it but also to give the club that extra income.  

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
moosey_club
December 24, 2018, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
too little too late for me ... the stab in the back from the club regards the whole affair goes a lot deeper for me. The board nailed their colours to the mast on the original vote when it comes to fan consideration and showed a total lack of respect to the Trust by excluding them at that time too.
Underhand and disrespectful to the people who finance the club, the supporters !

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
diehardmariner
December 24, 2018, 3:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from Meza

Your a hard person to please.  They've now done exactly what fans wanted.  So for me if I go to these matches atleast I'm going knowing they don't support it but also to give the club that extra income.  

If the definition of a hard person to please is wanting all the facts before I give them praise, then yeah that's me.

You'll have to forgive me for not rolling over and having my belly tickled on the back of a brief and quite loose statement when the club have let us down so many times in the past.  The club ignored the views of the fans for the past two years on this and just over a year ago the very same regime told the fans to 'shut up', they don't get off the hook just because of one statement.

I still won't be going because I believe the competition is simply wrong, regardless of the clubs stance on it.  That's my opinion and stance.  If people have differing views then they're completely entitled to them and I certainly wouldn't judge them or condemn for it.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
SteffiMariner
December 24, 2018, 6:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from diehardmariner

If the definition of a hard person to please is wanting all the facts before I give them praise, then yeah that's me.

You'll have to forgive me for not rolling over and having my belly tickled on the back of a brief and quite loose statement when the club have let us down so many times in the past.  1) The club ignored the views of the fans for the past two years on this and 2) just over a year ago the very same regime told the fans to 'shut up', they don't get off the hook just because of one statement.

I still won't be going because I believe the competition is simply wrong, regardless of the clubs stance on it.  That's my opinion and stance.  If people have differing views then they're completely entitled to them and I certainly wouldn't judge them or condemn for it.

1) So, the club listens and is still vilified. It did what the supporters asked yet you are still wanting to have a pop.

2) Makes one statement that tells the fans to shut up yet won't take one statement that goes to rectify this.

What more could the club have done here? The have issued a brief statement letting people know what is going on and how they voted. In the past the club have been vilified for long posts without actually saying anything. The club just can't do anything right in the eyes of some 'supporters'.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
ska face
December 24, 2018, 7:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Agree with DHM, wouldn’t trust this lot as far as I could throw them and had their vote been a deciding one, or one of more than 3 voting against, then we really would have seen how important the fans are to them.

Still, all immaterial now as it’s gone through and the normalisation of B-Teams continues. We’ll have been playing against youth teams for 6 years before we get a chance to even vote on it again.

Wonder who the other two clubs are?
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
Bigdog
December 24, 2018, 8:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
If the club does twenty things wrong I'll criticise them twenty times. If the club gets twenty things right I'll praise them twenty times like I have done on this thread re finally voting the right way. Just so happens that there's been helluva lot more to criticise than praise the past decade or so. It's a step in the right direction, but only one step in a long journey to right a litany of wrongs.

This board has still got plenty to prove and many on here are not stupid enough to think that one vote rectifies everything and airbrushes everything that's gone on in the past and is still going on in the present..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
Quagmire
December 24, 2018, 8:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 43
I’m sorry but I’m far too cynical of the Fenty regime.

It’s an easy win.

Vote against it and you can’t possibly lose.

You get the fans onside and either get the money anyway or you’re one of the clubs who decided that it shouldn’t progress as it is because we’re getting the thin end of the wedge.

The man is a politician.  Don’t be fooled that he has taken the fans views on board over this. He knows full well he can’t lose by voting against it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
KingstonMariner
December 24, 2018, 8:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Quagmire
I’m sorry but I’m far too cynical of the Fenty regime.

It’s an easy win.

Vote against it and you can’t possibly lose.

You get the fans onside and either get the money anyway or you’re one of the clubs who decided that it shouldn’t progress as it is because we’re getting the thin end of the wedge.

The man is a politician.  Don’t be fooled that he has taken the fans views on board over this. He knows full well he can’t lose by voting against it.

If he'd been a good politician he'd have realised he couldn't lose in 2016 when the first vote was held. His basic instinct is wrong on nearly every occasion.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › EFL Trophy decision

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.