5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 8, 2018, 8:44pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
I’m not an accountant but I know one end of a P&L and balance sheet from the other I don’t need to read the accounts just watch the games to know there is not enough money coming in and the opportunity for capex is non existent.

I don’t expect people to throw good money after bad but it feels like looking at our decline on the pitch and as a club we’ve been doing that ever since JF arrived, maybe the self anointed “custodians of the club” as they have called themselves aught to put a bit more in to pay for their position?

I’d suggest the same % ratio of their weekly surplus income that the loyal folks who travel on Terry’s bus all season long should do it.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
barralad
November 8, 2018, 9:38pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from friskneymariner
Thats my point Barra if the accounts ran from July to July it would have probably showed a profit.

Yeah sorry I get that...I was trying to back you up  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
KingstonMariner
November 8, 2018, 10:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

It's also worth noting that the accounts are for the end of May 2018 and show that there was 724k cash in the bank. That was then and not necessarily now. The club may have invested significantly more into the playing budget or could have paid off another significant chunk of the "benign loans" within the past six months. We won't know until next year's accounts.

That 'cash at bank and in the hand' figure is a bit of a red herring in that regard. It's just a temporary parking place. It would be used to cover current liabilities (i.e. creditors that have got to be paid for in the next 12 months).

The largest of these is the Directors' Loans, as these are 'benign' these are going to be demanded otherwise the club is at risk of folding.

The Director's Loans have gone down by £200,000 from the year before. Which in turn went down by £209,000 the previous year. At this rate we've only got another 9 years to go!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
friskneymariner
November 8, 2018, 11:09pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
But at the end of May 2018 season ticket revenues would not be in,neither would I imagine would be league payments or broadcast revenue somewhat puzzled  as to why there was 724k at that stage of the season or am I missing something.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
KingstonMariner
November 8, 2018, 11:16pm
Meths Drinker
But at the end of May 2018 season ticket revenues would not be in,neither would I imagine would be league payments or broadcast revenue somewhat puzzled  as to why there was 724k at that stage of the season or am I missing something.

Maybe it includes money from the Bogle transfer. The revenue would have been recognised in the 2017 accounts but the actual cash mightn't have rolled in until the following financial year.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
KingstonMariner
November 8, 2018, 11:31pm
Meths Drinker
Also if you look at Debtors, that's gone down by £722,000 on 2017. I guess Trade Debtors includes other clubs. Might also include Media companies.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
KingstonMariner
November 8, 2018, 11:41pm
Meths Drinker
An interesting thing to note (interesting to me anyway) is how ticket sales only account for 1/3 of total income. So even at our level, fans are less directly important in money terms. Though they'll also account for a large chunk of commercial income and media (iFollow).

The breakdown is:

Matchday                      £1,075,000  (34%)
Media                            £1,030,000  (32%)
Commercial & Other     £1,092,000  (34%)
Total                             £3,197,000 (100%)

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
Cloudy
November 9, 2018, 6:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431

season tickets WERE on sale in May for the first time in many years, if at all so this MAY account for the cash at hand
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
friskneymariner
November 9, 2018, 10:16am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Cloudy

season tickets WERE on sale in May for the first time in many years, if at all so this MAY account for the cash at hand

That would equate to about 2,500 season tickets you really believe we sold that many by end of May.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
KingstonMariner
November 9, 2018, 10:47am
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Cloudy

A small amount maybe. But most is likely because of payment of debts by people who owed us money (Wigan instalments on Bogle, media companies/League TV money).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.