Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back ..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

Just back ..

This thread currently has 8,327 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Mallyner
November 7, 2018, 3:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
First of all I applaud all those who went last night.

Secondly I am as disappointed as anybody at how poorly we are doing, but the fact is and I know it was mainly down to Macca, but the score was better than about 80% as a guess predicted.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
chaos33
November 7, 2018, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Ah, a crumb of comfort. I'm encouraged.

Most people thought we would be tw@tted by Mansfield, the Barcelona of L2, but our keeper had a blinder and we lost anyway, but not by a cricket score.

UTM, you are the twelfth man and a tenner on finishing 10th with coral at 1000/1!
Top up when it shortens!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
MarinerWY
November 7, 2018, 8:01pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Mallyner
First of all I applaud all those who went last night.

Secondly I am as disappointed as anybody at how poorly we are doing, but the fact is and I know it was mainly down to Macca, but the score was better than about 80% as a guess predicted.

It was entirely down to Macca. The first half was the worst half of football I've seen for a long long time. That we went into half time 1-0 up beggared belief... Macca stopped two one-on-ones and their finishing let them down. Our defence frequently let them walk through them and line up a shot, and the one on ones were both people not picked up in the box.

Ironically i thought we improved second half as we were more positive, however when they got the second it was so easy for them to keep the ball away from us.

Every high ball we didnt challenge for,with the exception of Rose. We didnt organise or communicate - for one free kick being crossed in, it was the crowd trying to scream 'two at the back, move one along two at the back!' Noone was talking or taking responsibility on the pitch. When we had outlets out wide on the break they were left isolated as other players were slow to prevent options. We didn't look like we wanted the ball.

Sorry to be so negative but it was awful. Had 2 neutral mates with us and they commented on the gulf of quality, fitness, strength and confidence between us and Mansfield. Men vs. Boys.

On a side note, for both ourselves and Mansfield to give away foul-throws is pretty dire in professional football. Particularly as I find professional refs much more lenient than Sunday league refs (where someone can go in studs up on someone's knee but a foot slightly off the ground for a throw will get pulled up)
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back ..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.