Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players gobbing off to the ref...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 225 Guests

Players gobbing off to the ref...

This thread currently has 5,047 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
October 27, 2018, 6:57pm
Guest User
Its very simple, if they gob off to the ref yellow card, just look at Rugby they never have any issues with it.

I don't think it is that simple. That's the situation now - but you can't say it's stopping all the needless backchat.

A yellow card is half-way to a red which imbalances the match. Referees are (I think correctly) reluctant
to do that.

The purple card idea allows referees to say "I don't need your opinion on the decisions I make, get off the
pitch...maybe your manager has got someone on the bench who can keep his thoughts to himself".
Reply: 30 - 33
rancido
October 27, 2018, 8:52pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Its very simple, if they gob off to the ref yellow card, just look at Rugby they never have any issues with it.

….and in Rugby Union a yellow card is a 10 minute sin bin. That could be used in football but we would need more consistent refereeing.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
Maringer
October 30, 2018, 9:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,498
Gold Stars: 185
The laws of the game are mostly fine as they stand. The problems begin because the referees don't apply them correctly - though quite possibly because they are given guidance as to how they should apply them which doesn't stick close enough to the letter of the law.

Swear at the referee or linesman? Send them off. Vociferously argue with the officials? Yellow card.

Shirt pulling - instant yellow. If it means loads of penalties and red cards until the players stop cheating, then fair enough. Any cynical or 'professional' foul should be an instant yellow as well - you shouldn't get a chance to deliberately cheat just because it's the first time you've done it in the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
KingstonMariner
October 30, 2018, 1:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
The laws of the game are mostly fine as they stand. The problems begin because the referees don't apply them correctly - though quite possibly because they are given guidance as to how they should apply them which doesn't stick close enough to the letter of the law.

Swear at the referee or linesman? Send them off. Vociferously argue with the officials? Yellow card.

Shirt pulling - instant yellow. If it means loads of penalties and red cards until the players stop cheating, then fair enough. Any cynical or 'professional' foul should be an instant yellow as well - you shouldn't get a chance to deliberately cheat just because it's the first time you've done it in the game.

And we know where that leads to....goalkeepers not being sent off early in the game for red card offences.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players gobbing off to the ref...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.