Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players gobbing off to the ref...
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 140 Guests

Players gobbing off to the ref...

This thread currently has 5,011 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
October 27, 2018, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,373
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Surely at our level the League can afford to mike the refs. Expose the buggers. The refs will come under pressure to penalise players whilst they currently bottle it.

If they can do it in "Bodyguard" or "James Bond" why not ?     " Tape the bstard he's talking to me again"   FFS Kingston.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
moosey_club
October 27, 2018, 9:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Les Brechin

What happened on Sunday Martin.  

Combination of things Les....

key players missing....third choice keeper...just a couple of subs...a few injuries in the game....top of the league opposition... men v boys in reality.... before a ball was kicked i could see it happening, we effectively had beaten ourselves before we got changed and the lads were completely lifeless in the warm up.
For a young side playing their first year in mens they are doing ok for themselves and have not been phased up until last week.
Week off this week so hopefully should be back to better times next week.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
KingstonMariner
October 27, 2018, 12:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer

If they can do it in "Bodyguard" or "James Bond" why not ?     " Tape the bstard he's talking to me again"   FFS Kingston.  

Your customary perspicacity has left you Golfer. I'm referring to the Rugby Union system - broadcast what the buggers are saying, everyone will hear and the refs will have no option but to penalise them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
rancido
October 27, 2018, 1:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
I thought this was covered in the current rules under " dissent ". If the refs applied the rules correctly then the problem could disappear quite quickly. I still think football could learn a lot from the officiating in Rugby Union and in particular  argueing with the ref. The 10 yard rule for disputing decisions works very well and you rarely see any disputing of referees' decisions.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
October 27, 2018, 1:36pm
Guest User
Quoted from 137
...is getting on my nerves. Could this work?

Give the ref another card (purple, perhaps) which dismisses a player - who in his opinion is being too
vocal - but allows the manager to replace him from the subs bench.

With 7 subs but only 3 allowed the ref could get rid of 4 gobby b*ggers and still keep the match 11-a-side
and the manager with 3 subs available.

Oh, and the purple card would be automatic for any player wagging his finger at the ref!
Reply: 24 - 33
Kris2
October 27, 2018, 2:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136
Sin bin seems like a good idea for abusive players or persistently hassling the ref. Seems much less appealing to argue the toss when you could have players out the game for 5-10 minutes. Maybe also introduce fines for clubs that are persistently hassling refs as a failure to control their players. Say if in a month more than 5 different players are penalised for abuse or harassment then the club is fined. More than 3 fines in a season then points are docked.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
Theimperialcoroner
October 27, 2018, 2:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93
What if they are gobbling off the ref?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Gaffer58
October 27, 2018, 3:02pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
I honestly believe that the refs are told by the various authority's to be lenient with cards, look at how in world cups bookings and sending offs are quite rare, it's all about keeping the stars on the pitch hence keeping the television companies happy. Football is a product today that must be used to screw the very last penny out of he customers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
October 27, 2018, 3:29pm
Guest User
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
What if they are gobbling off the ref?

It's the fans that are the suckers in football, not the players...
Reply: 28 - 33
sonofmadeleymariner
October 27, 2018, 5:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Its very simple, if they gob off to the ref yellow card, just look at Rugby they never have any issues with it.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Players gobbing off to the ref...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.