5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Tangerine Chris
October 1, 2018, 2:13pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
As a season ticket holder, it does not matter if you attend or not, you will still be counted as being there.

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
Grim74
October 1, 2018, 2:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
It’s alright talking about protests on here but do the fishy posters seriously think that this fishy hatred of Fenty is a general consensus amongst the other 5000 town fans?
Delusional is a word that springs to mind!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
ginnywings
October 1, 2018, 2:57pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Grim74
It’s alright talking about protests on here but do the fishy posters seriously think that this fishy hatred of Fenty is a general consensus amongst the other 5000 town fans?

The fabled fishy minority. I think you will find that roughly the same representative sample of people on the fishy who are anti Fenty, will be reflected in the general fan base. It's how Mori polls are conducted.

Unless you are saying that most fishy posters are particularly venomous and troublesome. My regular group is now down from four regular season ticket holders to one season ticket holder and me. I'm still going, just, but on a game by game basis. The other three in the group, two of whom have given up, all blame the board for our predicament. None of them use the fishy.

Make of that what you will.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
Ipswin
October 1, 2018, 3:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
If everyone protests can you guarantee we will win the next six matches?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
Marinerz93
October 1, 2018, 3:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Grim74

You best pop round the 1,000 + who have stopped going, 5,000 Town fans, not with whats on offer, I don't hate Fenty I wish him no ill, however I hate what he and his yes men has done and continues to do to the club, both he and the yes men need to go, their time is up, just go already.

Do you love Fenty now, since he had a word with you.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
Paris Mariner
October 1, 2018, 3:15pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Quoted from fishboyUTM
With all things Mariner's at the lowest I can ever remember (aside from the last time John Fenty got us relegated from the football league), I think it's time for another organised and peaceful protest against his reign.

Under John Fenty, we have almost been relegated from the football league on THREE different occasions. We have spent SIX seasons in the Conference - absolutely unthinkable. And I think we can all see what is going to happen unless we are very fortunate this season.

I know he wants to go, I want him to name his terms publicly. Is he asking too much? Is there anybody at all interested?

I call for an organised protest in the car park and in the stands. It is time for him to go, I am prepared to take my chances on the grass being greener. It cannot get any worse under his tenure, he has been a disaster for Grimsby Town, my patience has absolutely run out.

Time to go John, time to be open and honest about the 'benign loans'. The club is worthless, the ground decrepit, the team awful. We have been looking up at Scunthorpe for years, now even Lincoln are a better and bigger club than us. We are pathetic, and it's time for someone else to have a go.

Name your terms, publicly. Leave our club.

Erm, re-election days anyone? Haven't we hovered above the trap door several times in our illustrious past?

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 41
ginnywings
October 1, 2018, 3:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Seems that other weird minority lot agree.

http://www.codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=6867
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
lew chaterleys lover
October 1, 2018, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Paris Mariner

Erm, re-election days anyone? Haven't we hovered above the trap door several times in our illustrious past?

Good God that was decades ago!!

Are we not to try to reclaim our club from the one person who has just about destroyed it, because at some time in the distant past it was as bad??
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
ginnywings
October 1, 2018, 3:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Yes we have been as bad in the past, but was it for such a long period, or was it just the ebb and flow you get with lower league clubs? Fans expect a bad season or two, but we never get the good ones that balance it out and keep you going. We can't even compete in this league, which given our fan base is unforgivable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
promotion plaice
October 1, 2018, 3:34pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Seriously though.....what good would a protest do....it didn't change anything last time did it......unfortunately......

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/hundreds-grimsby-town-fans-protest-1162328

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time to protest

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.