6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
fishboyUTM
October 2, 2018, 10:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
It is difficult to comment fairly as I haven't seen a lot of Max Wright or Akeem Rose. What I do know is the players currently in their respective positions (Martin Woolford and Wes Thomas) are not delivering. The team lacks any sort of pace. I do know both Akeem and Max have pace to burn. Max in particular has been ripping it up in whatever team we send him too. Remember, he isn't a young kid, he's 20 now. I am sure they will both have benefited from playing proper competitive football. I did notice early in the loan Rose had to come off with cramp which suggests he may have been some way off match fitness wise in the Football League. Rose is clearly hungry to play, I don't see that in too many of the current players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
grimsby pete
October 2, 2018, 12:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
You will never know if they are good enough until you play them,

If we play them and we lose what have we lost ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
Tommy
October 2, 2018, 12:10pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from grimsby pete
You will never know if they are good enough until you play them,

If we play them and we lose what have we lost ?

Well, potentially MJ's job.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
Northbank Mariner
October 2, 2018, 12:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Kills me all this about Wright....if Clifton can demand a first team squad spot why not Wright??...the kids played far more mans football than Clifton and been pretty damn successful yet he gets shipped out on loan again after pencilling a new deal might I add, He must wondering what on earth he has to do to get in our first team squad, certainly looking at the shower shite that gets the nod before him...
I get sending Akheem for a month, just to get him match hardened and in fairness Thomas does a job and was unlucky Saturday not to score but we need Akheem back now, his pace and skill, which I have witnessed first hand, would scare the shite out of just about every defence at this level....never mind the "he's one for the future" b@ll@x, we need him in the present...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 51
grimsby pete
October 2, 2018, 12:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Tommy

Well, potentially MJ's job.

Well if we lose one more game we can not put it down to the young fads after losing 6 on the trot without them.

BUT

I get where your coming from 1 or 2 more defeats could be the end of Jolley,

I think with both on the bench we have a more attacking force and more likely to score a goal if we need one.

What am I saying ?  I mean to score a goal WHEN we need one.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 51
Roast Em Bobby
October 2, 2018, 12:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from fishboyUTM
What I do know is the players currently in their respective positions (Martin Woolford and Wes Thomas) are not delivering.  

Don't forget that it was Woolford who made our first goal on Saturday with a very nice turn and cross-field ball, and that Wes has only started about 3 games so far this season. Plus why were Rose and Wright both only on the bench for Boston at the weekend? Hardly suggests they should be starting games for us - though I would like to see them on the bench and used regularly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
Maringer
October 2, 2018, 12:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,496
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Kills me all this about Wright....if Clifton can demand a first team squad spot why not Wright??...the kids played far more mans football than Clifton

No, he hasn't. Clifton played a whole season at Grantham the other year when they were playing a division higher than Scarborough. Not to mention a dozen League appearances for the Mariners since then.

Not saying that Wright shouldn't perhaps be on the bench or getting some game time with us, but he's less experienced than Clifton. For reference, Scarborough Athletic were 4 divisions below us last season, Grantham 3 divisions below.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
Maringer
October 2, 2018, 12:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,496
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Don't forget that it was Woolford who made our first goal on Saturday with a very nice turn and cross-field ball

That was Cook.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
diehardmariner
October 2, 2018, 1:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,606
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from fishboyUTM
It is difficult to comment fairly as I haven't seen a lot of Max Wright or Akeem Rose. What I do know is the players currently in their respective positions (Martin Woolford and Wes Thomas) are not delivering. The team lacks any sort of pace. I do know both Akeem and Max have pace to burn. Max in particular has been ripping it up in whatever team we send him too. Remember, he isn't a young kid, he's 20 now. I am sure they will both have benefited from playing proper competitive football. I did notice early in the loan Rose had to come off with cramp which suggests he may have been some way off match fitness wise in the Football League. Rose is clearly hungry to play, I don't see that in too many of the current players.

Fair enough on Woolford, since the MK Dons game he's looked poor, anonymous at best.  

But not sure what you're expecting from Thomas.  He's not a target man, that's obvious yet we're trying to use him as one.  He's actually got a half decent turn of pace but doesn't get any chance to use it because of how we're using him.  Akheem Rose comes in and we'll still lump the ball up to him, expect he's nowhere near as physical as Thomas so would have absolutely no impact at all.

Wright, in my opinion, should be starting games.  He offers natural width and can/will stretch a team with his running at teams.  Woolford (on his day) and Embleton can run at teams but want to come inside.  Vernam isn't a winger, nor is Clifton.  Hooper just isn't good enough.  Pringle I want to see start games but he doesn't strike me as a proper winger rather someone in the Beckham mould of excellent delivery rather than beating his man for pace/skill.   Same as Rose though, he would be ineffective if we don't start using the ball properly.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 51
pen penfras
October 2, 2018, 5:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
I can't see them coming in and getting a chance now. If we win or draw tonight, the team will probably remain unchanged to try and build something. If we lose, then Jolley is probably another loss from getting sacked. That would take balls of steel to bring in 2 youngsters that have only played a handful of games, 2 levels below this.

Most likely they'll stay at Boston. Or we could try them in the checkatrade trophy and see how they get on, but throwing them in against the side 3rd in the division above is asking a bit much.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max wright and ahkeem rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.