Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecombe Or Bust.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 227 Guests

Morecombe Or Bust.

This thread currently has 5,372 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
September 23, 2018, 3:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from geir
Remember that Jolley comes from a very competitive environment outside of football, the world of finance. I guess no one is more disappointed and angry than Jolley himself at these results. Simply, his character as a human being is someone who likes to win and hates to lose. More so than most. That is why I still believe that things will improve.

Even if the players is his, they don`t have many games together and they are a fairly young team age-wise too. Some injuries on top of that combined with meeting very good teams at the start of the season gives us the present results.
We were just as good as Stevenage yesterday, but were unlucky to let one in behind us.

I still believe we will come good, but there is obviously some problems to sort out - especially regarding our attacking options - we will never score, except on penalties, with Thomas on his own.
The more games  we lose, the players are also affected mentally, and the game against Morecambe is crucial when it comes to getting that nice feeling of winning a game. So Yes, that one will be important, but I don`t want a managerial runaround just yet. We have had too many of those - now we need to support a manager that saved us from certain relegation last season - one that we all have had a lot of belief in and praised Fenty for hiring.

Erm, we couldn't even manage a shot on target, I suggest you watch the highlights.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 29
geir
September 23, 2018, 4:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm, we couldn't even manage a shot on target, I suggest you watch the highlights.

You are right, but I meant that we were on the level playing-wise.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 29
ginnywings
September 23, 2018, 9:30pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
It was our 0-2 home defeat to Morecambe last season that got me thinking we were in deep sh1t. The board should have acted then, but let Slade carry on until the window had shut (while shipping out some of the better players) and it all got very toxic. Let's hope that Saturday brings a more positive result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 29
TownSNAFU5
September 23, 2018, 11:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
We will support the team next Sat.  The manager could help his own cause by picking the right players.  No Collins, no Woolford etc.  We need to play with passion, purpose and courage.

We should take the game to Morecambe with attacking football.  Keeping the tactics simple.  2 up front would be a start.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 29
Garth
September 24, 2018, 5:39am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not really bothered if God knows as long as the board know.

God is on the board clutching most of the haloes atm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 29
Hagrid
September 24, 2018, 3:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We will support the team next Sat.  The manager could help his own cause by picking the right players.  No Collins, no Woolford etc.  We need to play with passion, purpose and courage.

We should take the game to Morecambe with attacking football.  Keeping the tactics simple.  2 up front would be a start.

dont get this, been no worse than anyone else, arguably our best player in August, would help if MJ played him on the right where against lincoln he was superb, yet hasnt played there since, one in a long line of odd decisions
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 29
HertsGTFC
September 24, 2018, 3:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
If we lose on Saturday and the bottom 2 win we’ll be bottom of the league of GD that is not acceptable then it’s Carlisle A, Port Vale H, Mansfield A then 2 home games games versus Exeter & Colchester finishing the month at Crewe. Looking at current form we could go into November still on the canvas.

If that’s the case then a change will need to be made in my opinion.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 29
Northbank Mariner
September 24, 2018, 4:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from HertsGTFC
If we lose on Saturday and the bottom 2 win we’ll be bottom of the league of GD that is not acceptable then it’s Carlisle A, Port Vale H, Mansfield A then 2 home games games versus Exeter & Colchester finishing the month at Crewe. Looking at current form we could go into November still on the canvas.

If that’s the case then a change will need to be made in my opinion.

To be honest herts, if I don't see a much, much improved performance this weekend , and I'll say this too, at least a couple of goals along with several on/off target attempts  then it's time for MJ to hold up his hands, admit defeat and accept football league management just is not his forte...saddens me to say all this because like the majority I pinned so many hopes on this young, hungry, enthusiastic and extremely well educated/ qualified young man....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 29
GrimRob
September 24, 2018, 4:49pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ginnywings
It was our 0-2 home defeat to Morecambe last season that got me thinking we were in deep sh1t. The board should have acted then, but let Slade carry on until the window had shut (while shipping out some of the better players) and it all got very toxic. Let's hope that Saturday brings a more positive result.

The thing is we looked safe at that stage in January as few imagined we would go on the sort of terrible run we did (which was the second worst run in our history - https://thefishy.co.uk/topresults.php)

This season is a different kettle of fish as we have barely any points on the board and we started our bad run when we basically had no points. There's no way that the manager in this situation is going to be allowed to go 20 games without a win, as we'd be marooned at the bottom if that were allowed to happen.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 29
grimsby pete
September 24, 2018, 4:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from GrimRob

The thing is we looked safe at that stage in January as few imagined we would go on the sort of terrible run we did (which was the second worst run in our history - https://thefishy.co.uk/topresults.php)

This season is a different kettle of fish as we have barely any points on the board and we started our bad run when we basically had no points. There's no way that the manager in this situation is going to be allowed to go 20 games without a win, as we'd be marooned at the bottom if that were allowed to happen.

I do not think we will go anywhere near 20 games without a win Rob,

BUT

We might win one and lose a few win one and lose a few more.

Our only hope is Jolley turns things round otherwise there is another new man coming in who might not do any better

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecombe Or Bust.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.