Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecombe Or Bust.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 294 Guests

Morecombe Or Bust.

This thread currently has 5,364 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner16
September 23, 2018, 11:37am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
The word bust should not be mentioned this early in the season with 35 + games to go. Its simple.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
wiggers
September 23, 2018, 12:42pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
I don’t know what to think anymore, my early season optimism has all but gone. In my opinion we have better players than last season but it’s just not working. Why can’t we just stick with a formation and play people in their right positions. We just need to go back to basics and keep it simple. It’s LG2 football FFS, not Championship manager or FIFA19.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
grimsby pete
September 23, 2018, 1:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Looking at things in a longer term we have 17 league games up to and including 1st Jan,

That will be 26 games played and a fairer assessment of how we are doing and Jolley's ability to change things,

If we are still in the bottom 4 then that will be the time for action,

If we have improved then give him the chance to spend a bit of money on quality signings

God knows what it will cost us if we get relegated so it will be money well spent.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
MuddyWaters
September 23, 2018, 1:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete
Looking at things in a longer term we have 17 league games up to and including 1st Jan,

That will be 26 games played and a fairer assessment of how we are doing and Jolley's ability to change things,

If we have improved then give him the chance to spend a bit of money on quality signings

God knows what it will cost us if we get relegated so it will be money well spent.

Not really bothered if God knows as long as the board know.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
HertsGTFC
September 23, 2018, 1:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from grimsby pete

Considering the amount of 2 year plus deals and that a fair few would have bigger budgets than us and are further along with their building process relegation would put the club’s future as we know it in doubt.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
promotion plaice
September 23, 2018, 2:09pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Something has to change and pretty quick that's for sure....
Oh and also does anyone know how many of us went to Stevenage yesterday so I can give out the prediction thread results (normally on the match report)

I don't do twitter and facebook  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
grimsby pete
September 23, 2018, 2:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from promotion plaice

Something has to change and pretty quick that's for sure....
Oh and also does anyone know how many of us went to Stevenage yesterday so I can give out the prediction thread results (normally on the match report)

I don't do twitter and facebook  

Not many PP there was only 2332 there in total.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
promotion plaice
September 23, 2018, 2:20pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from grimsby pete

Not many PP there was only 2332 there in total.

When I do give out the results Pete you would have got it right but you changed your prediction  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
geir
September 23, 2018, 2:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Remember that Jolley comes from a very competitive environment outside of football, the world of finance. I guess no one is more disappointed and angry than Jolley himself at these results. Simply, his character as a human being is someone who likes to win and hates to lose. More so than most. That is why I still believe that things will improve.

Even if the players is his, they don`t have many games together and they are a fairly young team age-wise too. Some injuries on top of that combined with meeting very good teams at the start of the season gives us the present results.
We were just as good as Stevenage yesterday, but were unlucky to let one in behind us.

I still believe we will come good, but there is obviously some problems to sort out - especially regarding our attacking options - we will never score, except on penalties, with Thomas on his own.
The more games  we lose, the players are also affected mentally, and the game against Morecambe is crucial when it comes to getting that nice feeling of winning a game. So Yes, that one will be important, but I don`t want a managerial runaround just yet. We have had too many of those - now we need to support a manager that saved us from certain relegation last season - one that we all have had a lot of belief in and praised Fenty for hiring.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
Yoda
September 23, 2018, 2:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
i fear it could get ugly if we lose to Morecombe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Morecombe Or Bust.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.