Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tuesday night
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 189 Guests

Tuesday night

This thread currently has 9,289 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
August 20, 2018, 12:53pm
Guest User
Well, evidently I was wrong, I just phoned iFollow on +44 207 826 4577 and they told me that it will not be available on smart TV's.
Reply: 20 - 74
louth_in_the_south
August 20, 2018, 12:53pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,675
Gold Stars: 95
Merton Borough council are as much to blame if not more than anyone for the demise of Wimbledon F.C. . If they had backed their 1st division club and allowed them to relocate in the borough rather than force them out for years and basically bankrupt the club the whole MK thing wouldn’t even have happened.

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 74
louth_in_the_south
August 20, 2018, 12:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,675
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Merton Borough council are as much to blame if not more than anyone for the demise of Wimbledon F.C. . If they had backed their 1st division club and allowed them to relocate in the borough rather than force them out for years and basically bankrupt the club the whole MK thing wouldn’t even have happened.

Unfortunately our council may do the same to gtfc in the end

Lower F5
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 74
realist
August 20, 2018, 1:01pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from MarinerMal
I can't stand the fact they stole somebody's football club and got away with it.

They are the club I despise more than any other.

There is not much I can do about their existence but I refuse to do anything that could put any of my money in their coffers.

However, it's a personal choice. I wouldn't tell anyone else they shouldn't go. As for acknowledging they exist if you go, I believe enough Town fans already did that at Wembley 2008.

Did they steal or step in at the last minute and save the club?  Either way its a long time ago, time to move on. I am working close by this week so looking  forward to going
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 74
MarinerMal
August 20, 2018, 1:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +783
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from realist

Did they steal or step in at the last minute and save the club?  Either way its a long time ago, time to move on. I am working close by this week so looking  forward to going

Stole 100%. They didn't "save" the football club at all, they just took their place in the Football League.

If a football club hits financial ruin, then they go out  of existence and their place is filled via promotion and relegation through the Football League and ultimately someone from the National League will step in to the vacated Football League slot the next season.

For my money, MK Dons should announce they are reforming, start at the bottom of the Football League pyramid from next season and work their way back into the Football League.

Only then will I acknowledge them as a proper Football Club rather than a club that should be flying the skull and crossbones over their stadium.

But that is just my opinion and I'm not telling you or anyone else that they should agree with me or not.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 74
lee65
August 20, 2018, 1:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
I am in the area with work, so looking forward to it.  I believe you can just roll up and buy a ticket?
Hope to see something of Thomas and Hendrie, and also how we fare against another one of the "money" clubs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 74
Cloudy
August 20, 2018, 1:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
There was a club in MK at the time they moved Wimbledon to the city. That club was put out of business!

Totally and utterley against everything MKD stand for. Support this and who is to say in 15 years time that Grimsby Town could not be moved to Cornwall to give them a FL club.

No problem with individuals going to support Town, I cannot make it myself, but that doesnt mean to say we are in favour of their creation and feel all football fans should unite to ensure it never ever happens again
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 74
realist
August 20, 2018, 2:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Moving to Cornwall may be the answer to the new ground problem

Just read up a bit more and I suppose they should have been treated like Glasgow rangers even though they weren't forced completely out of the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 74
Gaffer58
August 20, 2018, 3:14pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Cloudy
There was a club in MK at the time they moved Wimbledon to the city. That club was put out of business!

Totally and utterley against everything MKD stand for. Support this and who is to say in 15 years time that Grimsby Town could not be moved to Cornwall to give them a FL club.

No problem with individuals going to support Town, I cannot make it myself, but that doesnt mean to say we are in favour of their creation and feel all football fans should unite to ensure it never ever happens again

Complete agree with Cloudy, Winkleman should have got involved with the existing MK club,and worked there way up through the league, instead of buying a league position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 74
TheRealJohnLewis
August 20, 2018, 3:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
The Football league and the FA are the ones to blame in my eyes should never have let it happen.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tuesday night

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.