This thread currently has 9,282 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
August 20, 2018, 9:46am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,459
Gold Stars: 172
If you buy the match pass for iFollow do they get the money or do Town?
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 74
MarinerGaz
August 20, 2018, 9:51am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +399
Good on those that stay away on principal, but also worth thinking about...if no/few away fans visit their place their 12th man isn't cancelled out and they could get a relatively large advantage for half the games during the season, possibly enough to propel them towards promotion where they may not have otherwise. There may be a financial impact of having fewer fans (not sure how relevant), but again this might be cancelled out (or inverted) by increased home gates if they are higher up the league as a result. There's still a statement to be made though, to those that care and also ones self.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 74
A.l.f.
August 20, 2018, 11:09am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +687
Gold Stars: 7
I'm going as i want to support my team.  Don't agree with what's happened with the Wimbledon/MK Dons thing but first and foremost I'm a Grimsby Town Supporter.
If us fans can give our players that extra lift its worth it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 74
Cloudy
August 20, 2018, 11:31am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from A.l.f.
I'm going as i want to support my team.  Don't agree with what's happened with the Wimbledon/MK Dons thing but first and foremost I'm a Grimsby Town Supporter.
If us fans can give our players that extra lift its worth it.

Agree. Would hope that those that do go and support the club get their drinks and food from outside the ground outlets rather than putting more cash into MKD coffers!
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 74
brigg_mariner
August 20, 2018, 12:06pm

UTM...!!!
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +116
Gold Stars: 5
As TheRealJohnLewis said.

My love for Town is greater than my hatred for MK Dons.

So, I will be there to support the team.

If you live local and don't go then I believe that you are cutting your nose off to spite your face, it is not right what MK Dons did but supporting GTFC comes first.

The Icenian Prediction League Winner 2012 (Part 2)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 74
jamesgtfc
August 20, 2018, 12:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
McKeown
Davis Whitmore Famewo Hendrie
Hessenthaler Welsh Clifton
Woolford Cook Hooper

Unsure if Hendrie is right or left footed so Famewo might go left back with Davis moving central and Hendrie on the right.

I expect Thomas to be given 20 minutes from the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 74
psgmariner
August 20, 2018, 12:28pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
I plan to watch on i-follow. Only other time Ihave used it was on my phone whilst abroad. I really want to watch it on a TV rather than a phone. I have a smart tv and a firestick - will this be possible?

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 74
Northbank Mariner
August 20, 2018, 12:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from jamesgtfc
McKeown
Davis Whitmore Famewo Hendrie
Hessenthaler Welsh Clifton
Woolford Cook Hooper

Unsure if Hendrie is right or left footed so Famewo might go left back with Davis moving central and Hendrie on the right.

I expect Thomas to be given 20 minutes from the bench.

Bud, wrong thread me old mucker...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 74
MarinerMal
August 20, 2018, 12:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
I can't stand the fact they stole somebody's football club and got away with it.

They are the club I despise more than any other.

There is not much I can do about their existence but I refuse to do anything that could put any of my money in their coffers.

However, it's a personal choice. I wouldn't tell anyone else they shouldn't go. As for acknowledging they exist if you go, I believe enough Town fans already did that at Wembley 2008.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 74
August 20, 2018, 12:43pm
Guest User
Quoted from psgmariner
I plan to watch on i-follow. Only other time Ihave used it was on my phone whilst abroad. I really want to watch it on a TV rather than a phone. I have a smart tv and a firestick - will this be possible?

It should be.  I also have a smart TV and a firestick, and I checked it out last week, so I'll be watching live tomorrow night too, that is if iFollow don't mess things up!

Reply: 19 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Tuesday night

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.