7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
August 17, 2018, 10:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
If Healey is an out n out striker, not a bleeding target man, that's the last thing we need let alone want,  then get him, he's scored goals, still young and has a point to prove which should make hungry to score more....should he be in an LJL mould, forget it, it'll just be another..macca banging it out to the flank and hoping he can knock down or onto one of our players...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
grimsby pete
August 17, 2018, 10:15am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from marinerdazza
Anyway, is Healey coming or what?

I doubt it very much.

After following Town for over 63 years my experience tells me,

We only sign a player before any news of him comes out,

The more time goes on and we read that we are interested in x y or z,

The less likely we are to sign them.

We will sign somebody soon but it will not be a name we have been talking about for weeks.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
Maringer
August 17, 2018, 10:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
I liked Amond as a player, I really did. Used movement and intelligence (not to mention clever nudges on defenders) to find space for his chances. I'd be happy enough if he was with us now as his record over the past couple of seasons shows he's likely get into the early teens goals-wise if played regularly in the League.

However, he wasn't a target man in any way, shape or form. Newport play him off a bigger striker, so did Hartlepool and so did we. The 'target man' I'm talking about is a physical presence who can shake up opposition defenders when the ball invariably breaks loose or loops up into the air, whose strength makes them the focal point of the attack and creates space for more clever players such as Amond. Not necessarily somebody to lump the ball to aerially because it is rare for big defenders to lose too many headers. It's just more difficult to tackle or manhandle somebody who isn't several inches shorter and a couple of stone lighter than yourself.

I don't think many teams at our level are skilful enough to play without a more 'physical' player or two in attack. If you're going to be short or slight, you've got to be quick and skilful, not to mention accurate with your passing. You only need to see how many counter-attacking chances we butcher through poor decision-making and passing to see we're unlikely to manage this with our current squad. Hence the need for a stronger player up front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
Garth
August 17, 2018, 10:35am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from marinerdazza
Anyway, is Healey coming or what?

I`m thinking the same as Pete, if Healey was a serious option it seems dead in the water, we will have to settle with What, whoever he is
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
RoboCod
August 17, 2018, 11:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Garth

I`m thinking the same as Pete, if Healey was a serious option it seems dead in the water, we will have to settle with What, whoever he is

But Where will we play What?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
dicko995
August 17, 2018, 11:23am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: -259
Gold Stars: 21
Update.
On players leaving on loan

NEIL WARNOCK:

"That’ll be decided before the end of the month. I’ve let certain players speak to clubs. One of the clubs wanted a player on loan to be on the bench tomorrow. I don’t know if that will come off but nobody’s going for definite yet."

Warnock on loan exits
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 67
Posh Harry
August 17, 2018, 4:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Yeah he only scored 20 goals in one season but suppose he did miss about 40. UTM

He can’t have scored 20 in one season.

As far as I aware no one has ever run round BP with a sausage up their bottom 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
Nelly GTFC
August 24, 2018, 11:09am
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,740
Gold Stars: 31
According to this article today, he appears to be heading to MK on loan until January >> http://www.insidewalessport.co.uk/cardiff-city-striker-healey-mk-dons/

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rhys Healey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.