The "highlights"

This thread currently has 6,395 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfckyle
August 6, 2018, 10:58am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
Not having this grey kit blending in with the fans stuff.. You do realise we have thousands of fans in the stands wearing black and white tops sat in the stands, that's never an issue for the outfield players usually!

As someone else said, at this level you don't pass the ball back directly between the two goal posts in case of a goal keeper calamity. Totally avoidable as were the other goals, just got to move on and forget this horror show and hope we've seen the worst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
Grantley
August 6, 2018, 11:00am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Tommy
Without having been at the game on Saturday, the highlights I've watched don't exactly make it look like we were battered.

Obviously 2 of the goals were absolute gifts and as many of the highlights clips are us attacking as much as clips where FGR are.

Did FGR not actually have many chances in the game to show for their dominance? Was it just a case of them bossing possession not allowing us to?

Strangely enough, they had a lot more chances in the first half than the second. I guess it shows how bad we were in the second half! But yeah, they dominated the ball for the vast majority of the game.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
Northbank Mariner
August 6, 2018, 12:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from gtfckyle
Not having this grey kit blending in with the fans stuff.. You do realise we have thousands of fans in the stands wearing black and white tops sat in the stands, that's never an issue for the outfield players usually!

As someone else said, at this level you don't pass the ball back directly between the two goal posts in case of a goal keeper calamity. Totally avoidable as were the other goals, just got to move on and forget this horror show and hope we've seen the worst.

Ermmm....to counter that arguement, black and white stand out and the grey kit is a problem, certainly in the shaded ares of the park, christ, I had more chance of seeing l i rd lucan than macca on saturday,!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
chicaneuk
August 6, 2018, 12:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Man.. you can understand one total howler in a game, but to make two absolute schoolyard level mistakes in the same game is hard to comprehend.

Either way, I'm hopeful we can just draw a line under that awful performance and move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
diehardmariner
August 6, 2018, 1:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from gtfckyle

Most sensible comment on here for days.

Collins didn't even look, didn't even raise his head for a glance so there's no way he mistook a steward for McKeown or anything else. It was lazy and slack from someone who should know better.

That simple.

If the grey kit is presenting visibility issues, by all means it then needs changing. But we can't use that as an excuse for sloppy play.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
Mighty_Mariner
August 6, 2018, 3:32pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Looking back at the goals, for me Hall-Johnson's was much worse than Collins'!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
Koggmaster
August 6, 2018, 4:07pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -3
The amount of long balls to Hooper and Cook from the defence and wing backs was oooooooogely worrying !  Our midfield was completely missed out.
At one stage and after only 10 minutes played I had to look at the bench to make sure a bald bloke with a baseball cap wasn't directing things !!  Forest Green were the better team throughout that match. Better passers, better movement, better ideas and creativity. It was actually a bit embarrassing to watch and the 2nd half was comical  . . . .  Mickey Flanagan would have been proud of that 45 mins worth of material !

I really hope Jolley isn't a secret "hoof-ball" merchant. He did say that the players weren't  following the game plan and that was unforgivable but if that was the case why didn't he go nuclear at them at half time because where I was sat they started playing hoof-ball again as soon as the second half started !!   Surely the players wouldn't ignore him twice which can only mean one thing  . . . . he likes a long ball !  Only problem is that our strikers just couldn't either hold the ball or win headers back to our midfield and consequently we lost possession time and time again.

I was so upset i actually accused my son of being a Jinx and threatened not to take him again !!  Sort it out Jolley  

Avast, me proud beauty! Would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
Garth
August 6, 2018, 4:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Looking back at the goals, for me Hall-Johnson's was much worse than Collins'!

Thats because he saw Collins ball beat Macca and nervously under hit his back pass
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
lew chaterleys lover
August 6, 2018, 9:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Koggmaster
The amount of long balls to Hooper and Cook from the defence and wing backs was oooooooogely worrying !  Our midfield was completely missed out.
At one stage and after only 10 minutes played I had to look at the bench to make sure a bald bloke with a baseball cap wasn't directing things !!  Forest Green were the better team throughout that match. Better passers, better movement, better ideas and creativity. It was actually a bit embarrassing to watch and the 2nd half was comical  . . . .  Mickey Flanagan would have been proud of that 45 mins worth of material !

I really hope Jolley isn't a secret "hoof-ball" merchant. He did say that the players weren't  following the game plan and that was unforgivable but if that was the case why didn't he go nuclear at them at half time because where I was sat they started playing hoof-ball again as soon as the second half started !!   Surely the players wouldn't ignore him twice which can only mean one thing  . . . . he likes a long ball !  Only problem is that our strikers just couldn't either hold the ball or win headers back to our midfield and consequently we lost possession time and time again.

I was so upset i actually accused my son of being a Jinx and threatened not to take him again !!  Sort it out Jolley  

I think when a team is so much on top, like FGR were, then it is extremely difficult to play a passing game. They were on to us in a flash and jsut put us off our stride completely and we then resorted to hoofing it just to get rid.

A better team than us would have tried to match them, and got them on the back foot but once they got a stranglehold on possession they never gave us it back.

If we had played say  Morecambe first up (no disrespect to them) I am sure we could have imposed ourselves much better.

I know they are not Real Madrid but on the day FGR were just so much better than us and never allowed us to get going.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
RonMariner
August 7, 2018, 11:17am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,668
Gold Stars: 226
A shocking comedy of errors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The "highlights"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.