ROKERITE
August 5, 2018, 3:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
The only thing I can think about Danny Collins’ back pass is he was passing to the steward behind the goal in an orange hi viz.

#shgts

There was a manager interviewed after his side lost yesterday who was asked whether his keeper's dark grey outfit made it harder for his teammates to see him. I suppose by the same token it makes it harder for the opposition to spot him.
Many have commented on how good FGR were yesterday but all four goals could have been prevented by a defence on their game.
At least Grimsby have got their worst performance of the season out of the way first match.

We hope!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
TownSNAFU5
August 5, 2018, 4:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,856
Gold Stars: 42
As I could not be there - was was truly awful.  Effectively 2 very poor OGs, a tap-in and a free header.

Painful viewing, just on the lowlights.  Sorry for everyone who had to endure that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
TheRealJohnLewis
August 5, 2018, 5:12pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
After watching the extended highlights, I don't actually think we played that bad, all goals apart from the first were down to errors and individuals not doing their job properly and could have been prevented.

I'm not worried yet in the slightest.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
oochiad
August 5, 2018, 5:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,677
Gold Stars: 27
I’m also not worried. It could prove to be a good kick up the bottom that is sometimes needed at the beginning of a season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
arryarryarry
August 5, 2018, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
After watching the extended highlights, I don't actually think we played that bad, all goals apart from the first were down to errors and individuals not doing their job properly and could have been prevented.

I'm not worried yet in the slightest.

Mmmmm lots of hoofball, could hardly string a few passes together and only two shots on target one of those the penalty, you must have been a fan of old slap head,
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
Lambretta Mariner
August 5, 2018, 7:33pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +140
From watching Collins own goal, my comment would be regarding where McKeown was stood. He was nearer the corner flag than the goal! Personally don't think the kit has anything to do with it, you'd never expect your keeper to be stood so wide.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
Northbank Mariner
August 5, 2018, 7:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner
From watching Collins own goal, my comment would be regarding where McKeown was stood. He was nearer the corner flag than the goal! Personally don't think the kit has anything to do with it, you'd never expect your keeper to be stood so wide.

I'm going to defend  Collins here, if you watch the highlights there's a steward sat right in the middle of the goal in a bright orange top, pretty much the same as maccas kit last season, I'm pretty convinced he had a quick glance, the stewards top caught his eye and passed it back.....so not so much not seeing macca in that daft grey kit but a case of mistaken identity....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
marinerdazza
August 5, 2018, 7:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I'm going to defend  Collins here, if you watch the highlights there's a steward sat right in the middle of the goal in a bright orange top, pretty much the same as maccas kit last season, I'm pretty convinced he had a quick glance, the stewards top caught his eye and passed it back.....so not so much not seeing macca in that daft grey kit but a case of mistaken identity....

That’s what it seemed like to me at the time and definitely now I’ve watched it again. As someone else said, kudos to FGR for not celebrating what they knew was a nightmare moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
Maringer
August 5, 2018, 8:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
I think everyone was waiting for the referee to blow his whistle or something. Nobody could believe what we had just seen.

Collins' responsibility entirely for me as you shouldn't whack a backpass between the posts even if you have checked the keeper is standing there.

I should mention I haven't bothered to watch the highlights - watching it the first time around was enough!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
lew chaterleys lover
August 5, 2018, 9:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

The grey kit is just stupid though. You need to know where your keeper is at all times for a variety of reasons. A drizzly November day and he will be practically invisible.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The "highlights"

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.