Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone else..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 300 Guests

Anyone else..

This thread currently has 10,918 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
ROKERITE
July 24, 2018, 10:08am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
It's said the advantage of being a pessimist is it's a pleasant surprise when things turn out well.
The apparent low expectations mean you'll enjoy the play-off challenge even more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 65
1mickylyons
July 24, 2018, 11:26am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm struggling for enthusiasm. Last season took it's toll on me, and i really found it a strain to keep going until the end. I've not bought a season ticket, probably won't do now, and for the first time i can remember, i'm not looking forward to the kick off. I'm still ar$ed off at the board bringing back Slade and then sanctioning the sale or transfer of the sides better footballers, and bringing in so many loan players, we couldn't even name them all in the match day squad. Add to that the fiasco of the fans forum, a board member telling the punters to shut up, the whole chicken tray trophy saga and accusations of bullying. The Stevenage thing, the Port Vale game that ended in a near riot, Fentygate tapes, etc etc. I'm sure there's more that i've missed, but years of crap football and all the off field sh1te is starting to take it's toll.

All I can say mate is 2 year deals for player`s that the sign you should take notice of IMHO.Get that ticket the good times are set to roll again.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 65
Jarmo.Is.God
July 24, 2018, 11:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
I get a lot of comments, and England did very well and won over the majority of the country during the world cup.

But there is still nothing better than a visit to Blundell Park to watch the mighty mariners for me, I love it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 65
grimsby pete
July 24, 2018, 11:34am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
What you have to do is compare who the manager was at the start of last season,

Look at the players he brought in with some of the dross he inherited ,

Then look at the squad we have now under Jolley,

Things are only going to get better .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 65
LH
July 24, 2018, 11:37am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from 1mickylyons

All I can say mate is 2 year deals for player`s that the sign you should take notice of IMHO.Get that ticket the good times are set to roll again.UTM

We gave two year deals to Scott Vernon and Paul Dixon in the previous two seasons.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 65
Roast Em Bobby
July 24, 2018, 11:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
I think our signings have been better than could have been expected, personally can’t wait for the first game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 65
rancido
July 24, 2018, 12:19pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
I can't wait for the season to start which is the complete opposite to the start of last season! MJ showed last season that although he couldn't "polish a turd" at least he could put a bit of a shine on one! He has shown all the indications of a manager who has a game plan and also has another if things aren't going to plan. The players he released are pretty much what I expected and the ones brought in all have either experience or the potential to be real assets. It doesn't bother me that there are no " big name " signings so far as I believe that a well drilled team is the way forward. Quite often "prima donnas " can interrupt the changing room character.

Roll on  a week on Saturday and Village Green Rovers - Up The Mariners.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 65
Bigdog
July 24, 2018, 12:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Heisenberg
Other than buying the new shirt, I've not really thought about the new season at all.  I'll admit I'm still suffering from a World Cup hangover.  I LOVED the World Cup, loved the fact that the England team (that I personally had faith in when most didn't) did well (even though we should have made the final), and I'm still not over it.  It's still raw for me, and this season is coming too fast, I'm just not ready for 9 months of League 2 toil again.

Having said that, I'll jolt out of my malaise pretty soon, and hopefully some good results will do the same to most fans.

I think the lack of a big signing has done for most fans' enthusiasm.

Having said this, lets all be grateful this isn't another Conference season ahead of us!  How Wrexham fans feel nowadays, for example, I just don't know.  6 years was bad enough.  Never again.

I'll never be grateful to anyone at GTFC for not being a non-league club. Thankful to Jolley for his heroics, but grateful to no-one. For a club of our stature, potential and income, we've flirted far too long with that embarrassment..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 65
Garth
July 24, 2018, 12:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Bring it on! starting tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 65
the driver
July 24, 2018, 4:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +127
Unfortunately I’m with Ginny on this but for me it’s the Slade factor and yes I know I should give myself a kick up the backside ,as things are at moment my plan is to see how things go and may buy a season ticket again at Xmas .I know MJ is saying all the right things and hopefully brought in better players but we’ll see ,my main focus is my grandson who has been accepted for GTFC futsal scholarship and always be a town fan as I have since 1962 but this season pick the match I want to attend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone else..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.