Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone else..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 198 Guests

Anyone else..

This thread currently has 10,915 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Heisenberg
July 24, 2018, 4:52pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,033
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Bigdog

I'll never be grateful to anyone at GTFC for not being a non-league club. Thankful to Jolley for his heroics, but grateful to no-one. For a club of our stature and income, we've flirted far too long with that embarrassment..

Well yes, I do concur. The worrying thing for me is that the longer we stay in League 2, the more likely a return to non-League becomes. Until we’re a safe bet in League One, I’ll always be looking over my shoulder knowing it could happen again.  It really was shameful being down there, and to think we were so close last season makes me feel ill.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 65
Badger57
July 24, 2018, 6:33pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,896
Gold Stars: 30
Well I'm optimistic! OK, there's been no marquee signings but who wants a prima dona anyway?Shame about the lad from Lincoln for sure but I'm going to the match tonight with hope in my heart that I'll see a few glimpses of something to get excited about this season under a manager who likes to play football the way I like to see it played! UTFM! 😁
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 65
thefish
July 24, 2018, 8:10pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from LH
...not that arsed that the season starts in less than two weeks? This isn’t a go at Town! Not sure whether the quick turnaround from almost daily football from the World Cup or the best summer in ages is to blame but I reckon I could wait another month for footy.

You’re that ‘not-arsed’ about the season/ more football starting, that you’re spending a glorious sunny day not at the beach, not in a beer garden, but instead on a football forum posting new threads about the upcoming season...

Maybe you care more than you realise!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 65
July 24, 2018, 8:11pm
Guest User
I go to watch GTFC  team play. Win draw or lose its my team, there is nothing I can do about that.   I would buy a ST but as an exile I miss just too many to make it viable. I buy shirts each season, I buy programmes each game seen, I have bought none profit shares in my team to help them. As we all know Fenty does not get in the team  so what's people's problem with supporting the team anyway we can. Always still going on about Fenty been a reason for not going or not  renewing a ST is a cop out , your not hurting him just the club. MJ  is a potential God send but he needs our help . Let's be positive for once and look forward to a good season. UTM.
Reply: 23 - 65
rancido
July 24, 2018, 8:15pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,568
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from the driver
Unfortunately I’m with Ginny on this but for me it’s the Slade factor and yes I know I should give myself a kick up the backside ,as things are at moment my plan is to see how things go and may buy a season ticket again at Xmas .I know MJ is saying all the right things and hopefully brought in better players but we’ll see ,my main focus is my grandson who has been accepted for GTFC futsal scholarship and always be a town fan as I have since 1962 but this season pick the match I want to attend

I know what you mean and I certainly didn't want him back. But there was a lot of fans and posters on here who were pleased JF brought him back -  an experienced steady hand who would steady the ship.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 65
SteffiMariner
July 24, 2018, 8:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
balderdash to all this negative excrement. I can't wait for the new season. Clean slate for everyone, hopefully a lot of victories to look forward to, and if not, so what?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 65
Cloudy
July 25, 2018, 10:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from 140348
I go to watch GTFC  team play. Win draw or lose its my team, there is nothing I can do about that.   I would buy a ST but as an exile I miss just too many to make it viable. I buy shirts each season, I buy programmes each game seen, I have bought none profit shares in my team to help them. As we all know Fenty does not get in the team  so what's people's problem with supporting the team anyway we can. Always still going on about Fenty been a reason for not going or not  renewing a ST is a cop out , your not hurting him just the club. MJ  is a potential God send but he needs our help . Let's be positive for once and look forward to a good season. UTM.

I buy my season ticket inspite of Fenty not because of him!

Surely its not about hurting Fenty it is more about helping their own sanity, moral compass and peace of mind?
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 65
pizzzza
July 25, 2018, 10:34am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Yep, looking forward to it. Season ticket renewed, new shirt bought, the only negative for me is that I'll miss the first game due to holidays... have we ever started a season as early as 4th August? Bad planning there I'll admit...

Anyway, I think this season can go any number of ways, and I genuinely have no idea which. Lets hope its a good'un!
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 65
Les Brechin
July 25, 2018, 10:47am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from pizzzza
Yep, looking forward to it. Season ticket renewed, new shirt bought, the only negative for me is that I'll miss the first game due to holidays... have we ever started a season as early as 4th August? Bad planning there I'll admit...

Anyway, I think this season can go any number of ways, and I genuinely have no idea which. Lets hope its a good'un!

I don't think so. Not whilst I've been going anyway I don't think.

The reason I'm fairly sure about this is that 4th August is my birthday and it's the first time that there has been a league game on my birthday.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 65
GYinScuntland
July 25, 2018, 12:43pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from thefish

You’re that ‘not-arsed’ about the season/ more football starting, that you’re spending a glorious sunny day not at the beach, not in a beer garden, but instead on a football forum posting new threads about the upcoming season...

Maybe you care more than you realise!

You do realise that you can post on the Fishy from anywhere in the world?
If you can be arsed.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 65
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Anyone else..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.