7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
VinnyGTFC
June 20, 2018, 8:57am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +127
Gold Stars: 20
If the club are happy to give them time what's the problem. They are not stringing anyone along or being difficult they are making sure their next steps suit them because it is their careers. Collins is 38 and one year would probably be it so he is looking at what is out there for him. We'd all do that surely.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 69
Cloudy
June 20, 2018, 8:58am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Collins has a history of running contracts down. Didnt we sign him as a free agent outside a window?
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 69
grimsby pete
June 20, 2018, 10:16am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Two of our best players last season, Summers was badly missed when he did his hamstring and we've signed 2 young centre backs who would both benefit from a season alongside DC.

Not sure how many games you saw last year but I would be disappointed but not surprised to see them leave.

Every game but most of them on my computer I am sad to say,

BUT

We have lost good players before and we lose good ones again,

Look on the bright side , this season we have Jolley finding replacements not Slade.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 69
oldun
June 20, 2018, 10:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Not always about our offer. There are other considerations for them, such as location, family situations and future career path, especially with regar to Collins. If they go they go and I wish them well, true pros and did their best to help us stay in the league. Akheem Rose seems a bit of an anigma though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 69
grimsby pete
June 20, 2018, 10:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,794
Gold Stars: 222
I would like to add if Collins has got a good offer to coach in America he would be silly to turn it down, good luck to him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 69
RoboCod
June 20, 2018, 11:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Don't see a problem at all with Jolley at the helm. Hurst..he'd have sent them packing for dallying and Slade would have been strung along for a  couple weeks more, with panic signings as his alternative fallback.
I trust MJ to be in control of all signings in a fair and calm manner, it's how he is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 69
diehardmariner
June 20, 2018, 12:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,611
Gold Stars: 538
Some clarification on Rose would be nice.

I keep seeing suggestions that it still remains a paperwork issue but I thought we had gained clearance now.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 69
golfer
June 20, 2018, 12:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Kris2
From what I hear Danny Collins is just waiting on work visas to be sorted for a move abroad to do coaching and play out a last year or two. No idea on Summerfield doesn't seem to be anything going on around him at all.

Postmen have been on strike in Bolton so maybe Summerfield hasn't received offer yet [especially if it was a second class stamp ]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 69
Bradford Mariner
June 20, 2018, 12:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
I don't have a problem with players exploring other options to see if they can seek out better offers.

Where I have a problem is that GTFC should be setting a tighter deadline for a decision one way or another. After all, our club needs to source replacements if any player doesn't accept our contract terms and there may be good players being snapped up elsewhere that could fit the bill.

This isn't all about the needs of the players, the needs of GTFC are important too.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 69
golfer
June 20, 2018, 3:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Have been told Summerfield has had offers from Kidderminster-presumably 2year deal-waiting to see if Town will offer 2 years. Don't know how true but can understand his hesitation if true.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Summers and DC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.