7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_09
June 19, 2018, 10:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Is it about time these 2 had a urine or got off the pot? It’s 6 weeks since the contracts were offered and I think we need to know what they’re doing now.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
monkeyboy
June 19, 2018, 11:12am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
I reckon the club already know tbh. tactical release of info to try an boost sales
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 69
Bradford Mariner
June 19, 2018, 11:31am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
Couldn't agree more, these two are taking the p*ss.

We should just tell them to go, they've had enough time, we're just a backstop for them and Summerfield really isn't that good anyway.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 69
Mariner_09
June 19, 2018, 12:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
For the avoidance of doubt I didn't include A. Rose because I think it's fairly clear that he's signed and it's just another admin issue.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 69
Tommy
June 19, 2018, 12:20pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
I think, since we don't know of any details of their situations, their offers from us, or any possible ongoing negotiation, it'd probably be wrong to jump to conclusions or say they're taking the urine.

I'm prepared to just be patient and trust that Jolley knows what he's doing. He's not stupid, wouldn't let them string us along and will have targets lined up in case they don't sign.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 69
diehardmariner
June 19, 2018, 12:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,392
Gold Stars: 532
I wonder if the frustrations Jolley mentions stem from this?

I understand that the club have, in the past, delayed announcing of renewals to give season ticket sales a boost.  However, with all due respect, I can't imagine either Collins or Summerfield re-signing would shift many season tickets.

This alleged interest in O'Connor also makes me think that Summerfield won't be staying simply because of the numbers it would give us in midfield.  Be it O'Connor or someone else, Jolley is looking to bring in someone in that position.

End of the the day, these guys have to look after themselves and if they're holding out for the best deal they can they're doing exactly what we would all do in their shoes.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 69
louth_in_the_south
June 19, 2018, 12:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,646
Gold Stars: 94
I don’t think Collins really needs to string a L2 club along after the career he’s had . Summerfield doesn’t seem to be that type of character, I’m sure he’s just trying to maximise his career and earnings for much the same reason we signed whitehouse from the gimps

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 69
Garth
June 19, 2018, 12:50pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Doubt both will sign, they would have done by now if interested, both will have other interested parties and its best to accept that their time with us is finished, and we we move on
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 69
rancido
June 19, 2018, 12:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,527
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from diehardmariner
I wonder if the frustrations Jolley mentions stem from this?

I understand that the club have, in the past, delayed announcing of renewals to give season ticket sales a boost.  However, with all due respect, I can't imagine either Collins or Summerfield re-signing would shift many season tickets.

This alleged interest in O'Connor also makes me think that Summerfield won't be staying simply because of the numbers it would give us in midfield.  Be it O'Connor or someone else, Jolley is looking to bring in someone in that position.

End of the the day, these guys have to look after themselves and if they're holding out for the best deal they can they're doing exactly what we would all do in their shoes.

Plus I would imagine their respective agents do all the wheeler dealing and the players themselves don't get involved until it's either a total rejection or signing.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 69
1mickylyons
June 19, 2018, 1:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
These guys won`t have reported back for training yet and are probably away on holiday whilst weighing up all options and in Collins case it will be his last playing contract and he might want guaranteed game time? Both decent league 2 players but it`s not the end of the World if they move on and we have to bring in some more newbies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 69
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Summers and DC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.