Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

Real Madrid v Liverpool Match Thread

This thread currently has 5,254 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
May 27, 2018, 8:08am
Guest User
Quoted from Rick12
Its tough but thats football.The ability to cope with the pressure can be immense but if you can handle it the rewards are there for all to see.

Reason why I admire the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo. Eg has talent in abundance but works on his game constantly and doesnt take the easy road eg disciplined life of the pitch as well on it .

Agree Rick, the mental aspect of the game is at least as important as ability IMO. Christiano Ronaldo is one of the very few that have everything. He was blessed with height, he has worked incredibly hard on his physique (not that he likes to show off,   ), he has incredibly quick feet, but mentally he retains that hunger that got him where he is. Apparently, he has a live in chef who makes sure he gets the perfect nutrition in his diet, he has his own cryochamber! He uses it after every game. He is absolutely dedicated to being the best he can be and extending his career as long as he possibly can. He is an incredible player, along with Messi we are blessed to be able to watch them both playing practically on their own. Have to say, I thought Ronaldo was quiet last night, drifting out wide left too much, possibly to get at Alexander Arnold on Liverpools right. He's been injured though, and he doesn't strike me as the type to be 100 percent honest with the gaffer when it comes to european cup finals.
Reply: 40 - 47
Rick12
May 27, 2018, 8:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from 75

Agree Rick, the mental aspect of the game is at least as important as ability IMO. Christiano Ronaldo is one of the very few that have everything. He was blessed with height, he has worked incredibly hard on his physique (not that he likes to show off,   ), he has incredibly quick feet, but mentally he retains that hunger that got him where he is. Apparently, he has a live in chef who makes sure he gets the perfect nutrition in his diet, he has his own cryochamber! He uses it after every game. He is absolutely dedicated to being the best he can be and extending his career as long as he possibly can. He is an incredible player, along with Messi we are blessed to be able to watch them both playing practically on their own. Have to say, I thought Ronaldo was quiet last night, drifting out wide left too much, possibly to get at Alexander Arnold on Liverpools right. He's been injured though, and he doesn't strike me as the type to be 100 percent honest with the gaffer when it comes to european cup finals.
Well said Vicar.

Thing is with Ronaldo and Messi they can be quiet all game then produce moments of magic which changes everything.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
Les Brechin
May 27, 2018, 8:21am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Karius must have thought Bale's first goal was worth 2.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 27, 2018, 1:38pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Posh Harry

I am no Ramos fan, far from it, I can’t stand the tosser, but to say he purposely dragged him down as he thought he would dislocate his shoulder and take him out the game?? Really.

People are brilliant at reading what isn’t there. I didn’t say that at all! Nobody could have predicted the consequence, Ramos just fouled him that’s all. He purposely fouled him, it was a deliberate foul and typical of the way Ramos plays. Clearly he had taken the job of marking him for a reason.

You would be right in thinking I don’t like him but I didn’t accuse him of causing deliberate injury (at least this time😀).

I don’t like Ramos because, unlike the Italian hard men like Gentile and Baresi, Ramos has the awareness and skill of a London bus and about the same turning circle. When he started as a full back, every winger in Spain knew they could get on his blind side with no bother at all. Because he is so slow on the turn he resorts to grabbing players who out-turn him which is more or less what happened last night wasn’t it? What he does have is presence, like John Terry, and he is a motivator that even the galacticos don’t argue with.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
Grantley
May 27, 2018, 2:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9

People are brilliant at reading what isn’t there. I didn’t say that at all! Nobody could have predicted the consequence, Ramos just fouled him that’s all. He purposely fouled him, it was a deliberate foul and typical of the way Ramos plays. Clearly he had taken the job of marking him for a reason.

You would be right in thinking I don’t like him but I didn’t accuse him of causing deliberate injury (at least this time😀).

I don’t like Ramos because, unlike the Italian hard men like Gentile and Baresi, Ramos has the awareness and skill of a London bus and about the same turning circle. When he started as a full back, every winger in Spain knew they could get on his blind side with no bother at all. Because he is so slow on the turn he resorts to grabbing players who out-turn him which is more or less what happened last night wasn’t it? What he does have is presence, like John Terry, and he is a motivator that even the galacticos don’t argue with.

That’s pretty harsh for someone with over 500 appearances for Real and 4 CL titles.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
mariner91
May 27, 2018, 3:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,646
Gold Stars: 261

He's so terrible that he's one of the most decorated defenders in the modern game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 27, 2018, 4:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Grantley

That’s pretty harsh for someone with over 500 appearances for Real and 4 CL titles.

Not really harsh is it? I’ve watched him since he first played for RM & Spain at right back and I stand by it. I didn’t rate him then and I don’t now. He has had the good fortune to play in sides that contained such good attackers that defence was never a priority.

I mentioned John Terry and I think there is a similarity. Neither is technically gifted or quick. In fact I would rate Terry higher for awareness. Both are personalities and much of what they have achieved stems from that rather than ability. That is why they became important to their teams. It gets glossed over because the likes of Ronaldo and Bale take the headlines in the side but Ramos is certainly one of the dirtiest players I can remember, probably because he has to be.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
Rick12
May 27, 2018, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

Not really harsh is it? I’ve watched him since he first played for RM & Spain at right back and I stand by it. I didn’t rate him then and I don’t now. He has had the good fortune to play in sides that contained such good attackers that defence was never a priority.

I mentioned John Terry and I think there is a similarity. Neither is technically gifted or quick. In fact I would rate Terry higher for awareness. Both are personalities and much of what they have achieved stems from that rather than ability. That is why they became important to their teams. It gets glossed over because the likes of Ronaldo and Bale take the headlines in the side but Ramos is certainly one of the dirtiest players I can remember, probably because he has to be.

To be fair to Terry though Ron I saw him at Chelsea when he was still quite young and I thought he was immense .

I use to like Ramos as a player and admired his passion and will to win but just recently have been put off by some of his theatrics .As a Real Madrid captain he certainly shouldent be embodying these characteristics.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Real Madrid v Liverpool Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.