Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2018, 7:39pm

Real Madrid: Keylor; Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Marcelo; Modric, Casemiro, Kroos; Isco; Benzema, Ronaldo

Subs: Casilla, Nacho, Bale, Theo, Vazquez, Asensio, Kovacic

Liverpool: Karius; Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum; Salah, Mane, Firmino

Subs: Mignolet, Clyne, Klavan, Moreno, Lallana, Emre Can, Solanke
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2018, 7:53pm; Reply: 1

Encouraging start from Liverpool.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 26, 2018, 8:19pm; Reply: 2
Can't see them doing it now Salah's gone off
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 26, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Abdul19
Can't see them doing it now Salah's gone off

Portugal won when Ronaldo went off early. Anything can happen in football, and often does.

By the way, Ramos new exactly what he was doing there.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2018, 8:29pm; Reply: 4

Ramos should've been sent off for that challenge on Salah, it was a dirty rugby challenge fully intended to cause injury.
Posted by: Grantley, May 26, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 5
Ramos shows why he's one of the best. Seemingly innocuous challenge but he knew what he was doing. Think Liverpool will have to go for the smash and grab here. Shame, as they were by far the better team before Salah went off. Alexander-Arnold is some player.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 26, 2018, 8:58pm; Reply: 6
Well, I don't think James McKeown has ever done that!
Posted by: Ipswin, May 26, 2018, 9:00pm; Reply: 7
PMSL
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 26, 2018, 9:00pm; Reply: 8
😂😂😂 what a wa.nker
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2018, 9:03pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Ipswin
PMSL

1-1    PMSL ?

Posted by: Poojah, May 26, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

He has had some howlers in his time though. Gateshead in the play-offs was pretty horrific.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 26, 2018, 9:11pm; Reply: 11
Well that wasn’t a bad goal!!
Posted by: Grantley, May 26, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 12
Worthy of winning it, that goal.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Posh Harry
Well that wasn’t a bad goal!!

It was if you support Liverpool   ;)

Posted by: Gaffer58, May 26, 2018, 9:23pm; Reply: 14
Sorry but has Henderson played a forward pass yet, I know he's there to play in front of the back line but he doesn't create anything, good enough for England though.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 26, 2018, 9:23pm; Reply: 15
It was nearly as good as Forbesy's at Barnet!

Could be Bale's 2nd champions league final winning goal (and his 4th title). Not bad!
Posted by: Skrill, May 26, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Gaffer58
Sorry but has Henderson played a forward pass yet, I know he's there to play in front of the back line but he doesn't create anything, good enough for England though.

I can't wait for he's side passing against Tunisia

Posted by: Gaffer58, May 26, 2018, 9:30pm; Reply: 17
Good job Macca has just signed that new contract as Liverpool are looking for a new goalie.
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 26, 2018, 9:31pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Les Brechin

Blimey Les. Can you see into the future? Unfortunately jimmy macc has definitely done that!!
Posted by: Abdul19, May 26, 2018, 9:31pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Poojah

He has had some howlers in his time though. Gateshead in the play-offs was pretty horrific.

An uncanny recreation in Kyiv!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 26, 2018, 9:32pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin

But..... I have seen McKeown do that ( for Bale's second ) ::)

Got to feel sorry for Karius :(
Posted by: Grimsby2012, May 26, 2018, 9:32pm; Reply: 21
Never liked Liverpool. So i'm happy. Bad Goalkeeping though...
Posted by: Ipswin, May 26, 2018, 9:33pm; Reply: 22
PMSL again
Posted by: Tradjazz, May 26, 2018, 9:42pm; Reply: 23
Great result. Well pleased. Just looking forward to the sad scousers looking so sad. lol

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: LH, May 26, 2018, 9:44pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Tradjazz
Great result. Well pleased. Just looking forward to the sad scousers looking so sad. lol

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Arsenal are male masturbation as well, sad act.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 26, 2018, 10:01pm; Reply: 25
Liverpool was going to lose that as soon as Salat went off.
Posted by: Rick12, May 26, 2018, 10:02pm; Reply: 26
Gareth Bale   Wow
Posted by: fiveallive, May 26, 2018, 10:10pm; Reply: 27
Karius is like Nick Colgon he was awful.
Posted by: Maringer, May 26, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 28
Thing is, most keepers make howlers, but the better ones make sure that they aren't made during Cup finals and other important matches.

I have a feeling that Liverpool may be looking for a new keeper next season...
Posted by: LH, May 26, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Rick12
Gareth Bale   Wow

Envious of the male masturbation you’re having tonight over Madrid winning, Rick. Bet you’ve read a book about how they’d win a European cup through TWO keeper intercourse ups or something.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 26, 2018, 10:19pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from grimsby pete
Liverpool was going to lose that as soon as Salat went off.

Pretty obvious Ramos knew that as well. How he keeps getting away with it I don’t know.

Posted by: Rick12, May 26, 2018, 10:23pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from LH

Envious of the male masturbation you’re having tonight over Madrid winning, Rick. Bet you’ve read a book about how they’d win a European cup through TWO keeper intercourse ups or something.

Its all about Bales genius LH. Admire it and dont be bitter
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 26, 2018, 10:32pm; Reply: 32
Karius got caught up in the modern keeper bit, i.e. he was more concerned about what he was going to do with the ball after saving it rather than actually saving it.
Posted by: LH, May 26, 2018, 10:43pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Rick12

Its all about Bales genius LH. Admire it and dont be bitter

So let’s ignore the two keeper errors entirely and the game is 1-1. What do your books say about that genius, genius?
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 26, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 34

Pretty obvious Ramos knew that as well. How he keeps getting away with it I don’t know.

I am no Ramos fan, far from it, I can’t stand the tosser, but to say he purposely dragged him down as he thought he would dislocate his shoulder and take him out the game?? Really.
Posted by: Rick12, May 26, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from LH

So let’s ignore the two keeper errors entirely and the game is 1-1. What do your books say about that genius, genius?
Nothing to do with books LH. Its called genius.You either have it or you dont .

Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2018, 10:49pm; Reply: 36

Gutted.....not because I support Liverpool but I always support all our clubs in Europe.

Except for that season that Hull played in Europe .........and I was born in Hull.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 27, 2018, 6:01am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Posh Harry

I am no Ramos fan, far from it, I can’t stand the tosser, but to say he purposely dragged him down as he thought he would dislocate his shoulder and take him out the game?? Really.

Actually, I think he knew he had Salah’s OTHER arm trapped and tried to break it by landing on it. The shoulder injury was pure luck for him.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 27, 2018, 6:33am; Reply: 38
I feel sorry for the keeper. Two shocking errors, should have been the greatest night of his career but I'd imagine that will finish him at Liverpool. In all honesty, I've seen him squirm at long shots before, he shouldn't be at Liverpool as he isn't of that standard. But I feel for the lad.
Posted by: Rick12, May 27, 2018, 7:00am; Reply: 39
Quoted from 75
I feel sorry for the keeper. Two shocking errors, should have been the greatest night of his career but I'd imagine that will finish him at Liverpool. In all honesty, I've seen him squirm at long shots before, he shouldn't be at Liverpool as he isn't of that standard. But I feel for the lad.
Its tough but thats football.The ability to cope with the pressure can be immense but if you can handle it the rewards are there for all to see.

Reason why I admire the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo. Eg has talent in abundance but works on his game constantly and doesnt take the easy road eg disciplined life of the pitch as well on it .
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 27, 2018, 8:08am; Reply: 40
Quoted from Rick12
Its tough but thats football.The ability to cope with the pressure can be immense but if you can handle it the rewards are there for all to see.

Reason why I admire the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo. Eg has talent in abundance but works on his game constantly and doesnt take the easy road eg disciplined life of the pitch as well on it .

Agree Rick, the mental aspect of the game is at least as important as ability IMO. Christiano Ronaldo is one of the very few that have everything. He was blessed with height, he has worked incredibly hard on his physique (not that he likes to show off,  >:( ), he has incredibly quick feet, but mentally he retains that hunger that got him where he is. Apparently, he has a live in chef who makes sure he gets the perfect nutrition in his diet, he has his own cryochamber! He uses it after every game. He is absolutely dedicated to being the best he can be and extending his career as long as he possibly can. He is an incredible player, along with Messi we are blessed to be able to watch them both playing practically on their own. Have to say, I thought Ronaldo was quiet last night, drifting out wide left too much, possibly to get at Alexander Arnold on Liverpools right. He's been injured though, and he doesn't strike me as the type to be 100 percent honest with the gaffer when it comes to european cup finals.
Posted by: Rick12, May 27, 2018, 8:17am; Reply: 41
Quoted from 75

Agree Rick, the mental aspect of the game is at least as important as ability IMO. Christiano Ronaldo is one of the very few that have everything. He was blessed with height, he has worked incredibly hard on his physique (not that he likes to show off,  >:( ), he has incredibly quick feet, but mentally he retains that hunger that got him where he is. Apparently, he has a live in chef who makes sure he gets the perfect nutrition in his diet, he has his own cryochamber! He uses it after every game. He is absolutely dedicated to being the best he can be and extending his career as long as he possibly can. He is an incredible player, along with Messi we are blessed to be able to watch them both playing practically on their own. Have to say, I thought Ronaldo was quiet last night, drifting out wide left too much, possibly to get at Alexander Arnold on Liverpools right. He's been injured though, and he doesn't strike me as the type to be 100 percent honest with the gaffer when it comes to european cup finals.
Well said Vicar.

Thing is with Ronaldo and Messi they can be quiet all game then produce moments of magic which changes everything.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 27, 2018, 8:21am; Reply: 42
Karius must have thought Bale's first goal was worth 2.  ;)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 27, 2018, 1:38pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Posh Harry

People are brilliant at reading what isn’t there. I didn’t say that at all! Nobody could have predicted the consequence, Ramos just fouled him that’s all. He purposely fouled him, it was a deliberate foul and typical of the way Ramos plays. Clearly he had taken the job of marking him for a reason.

You would be right in thinking I don’t like him but I didn’t accuse him of causing deliberate injury (at least this time😀).

I don’t like Ramos because, unlike the Italian hard men like Gentile and Baresi, Ramos has the awareness and skill of a London bus and about the same turning circle. When he started as a full back, every winger in Spain knew they could get on his blind side with no bother at all. Because he is so slow on the turn he resorts to grabbing players who out-turn him which is more or less what happened last night wasn’t it? What he does have is presence, like John Terry, and he is a motivator that even the galacticos don’t argue with.

Posted by: Grantley, May 27, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 44

People are brilliant at reading what isn’t there. I didn’t say that at all! Nobody could have predicted the consequence, Ramos just fouled him that’s all. He purposely fouled him, it was a deliberate foul and typical of the way Ramos plays. Clearly he had taken the job of marking him for a reason.

You would be right in thinking I don’t like him but I didn’t accuse him of causing deliberate injury (at least this time😀).

I don’t like Ramos because, unlike the Italian hard men like Gentile and Baresi, Ramos has the awareness and skill of a London bus and about the same turning circle. When he started as a full back, every winger in Spain knew they could get on his blind side with no bother at all. Because he is so slow on the turn he resorts to grabbing players who out-turn him which is more or less what happened last night wasn’t it? What he does have is presence, like John Terry, and he is a motivator that even the galacticos don’t argue with.

That’s pretty harsh for someone with over 500 appearances for Real and 4 CL titles.
Posted by: mariner91, May 27, 2018, 3:00pm; Reply: 45

He's so terrible that he's one of the most decorated defenders in the modern game.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 27, 2018, 4:04pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Grantley

That’s pretty harsh for someone with over 500 appearances for Real and 4 CL titles.

Not really harsh is it? I’ve watched him since he first played for RM & Spain at right back and I stand by it. I didn’t rate him then and I don’t now. He has had the good fortune to play in sides that contained such good attackers that defence was never a priority.

I mentioned John Terry and I think there is a similarity. Neither is technically gifted or quick. In fact I would rate Terry higher for awareness. Both are personalities and much of what they have achieved stems from that rather than ability. That is why they became important to their teams. It gets glossed over because the likes of Ronaldo and Bale take the headlines in the side but Ramos is certainly one of the dirtiest players I can remember, probably because he has to be. ;)

Posted by: Rick12, May 27, 2018, 6:16pm; Reply: 47

Not really harsh is it? I’ve watched him since he first played for RM & Spain at right back and I stand by it. I didn’t rate him then and I don’t now. He has had the good fortune to play in sides that contained such good attackers that defence was never a priority.

I mentioned John Terry and I think there is a similarity. Neither is technically gifted or quick. In fact I would rate Terry higher for awareness. Both are personalities and much of what they have achieved stems from that rather than ability. That is why they became important to their teams. It gets glossed over because the likes of Ronaldo and Bale take the headlines in the side but Ramos is certainly one of the dirtiest players I can remember, probably because he has to be. ;)

To be fair to Terry though Ron I saw him at Chelsea when he was still quite young and I thought he was immense .

I use to like Ramos as a player and admired his passion and will to win but just recently have been put off by some of his theatrics .As a Real Madrid captain he certainly shouldent be embodying these characteristics.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 3:01am