Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Player targets
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 123 Guests

Player targets

This thread currently has 57,502 views. Print
26 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Mikoo
May 23, 2018, 2:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +466
A few of the players made available for transfer from Sheffield United would be good fits

Lavery, Heneghan, Thomas, Caruthers etc

But would think they'd all get league one clubs minimum
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 253
Nelly GTFC
May 23, 2018, 3:18pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,751
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I'd like to see us in for Dennis at Chesterfield. I think they might want a fee for him though. He is the sort of player that we were missing last season. He is quick to everything that drops in the box and is proven at this level. I imagine most teams in the division will fancy signing him though, it would be a real coup.
Apparently around 175K fee was agreed with Bradford last transfer window before Chesterfield ditched the deal last minute.  In the Derbyshire times this week it says Port Vale have made a bid for him and Notts County interested for around 100K fee.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 253
Lincoln Mariner 56
May 23, 2018, 4:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Apparently around 175K fee was agreed with Bradford last transfer window before Chesterfield ditched the deal last minute.  In the Derbyshire times this week it says Port Vale have made a bid for him and Notts County interested for around 100K fee.

Well if we could find the dose Hopper and Dennis might prove a pretty decent strike force at L2 level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 253
oldun
May 23, 2018, 4:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Dennis is out of our reach. He will be heading for league 1. Don't know much about Hopper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 253
The_Laughing_Mariner
May 23, 2018, 5:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Bit of an easy rider as a strike force

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 253
lew chaterleys lover
May 23, 2018, 5:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from oldun
Dennis is out of our reach. He will be heading for league 1. Don't know much about Hopper.

Well he should be very much within our reach if we are serious, and he is the sort of player Jolley wants. The same applies to a lot of players who he might like. If we have to pay a fee then Fenty should stump it up as a thank you to long suffering fans (but not add anything to his bar tab he calls benign loans)

Dennis is a non league striker; we could offer him a great season as a league 2 striker if, and I repeat, we are serious.
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 253
Mariner_09
May 23, 2018, 6:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55

Well he should be very much within our reach if we are serious, and he is the sort of player Jolley wants. The same applies to a lot of players who he might like. If we have to pay a fee then Fenty should stump it up as a thank you to long suffering fans (but not add anything to his bar tab he calls benign loans)

Dennis is a non league striker; we could offer him a great season as a league 2 striker if, and I repeat, we are serious.

We can't do that, by your logic if Jolley likes Salah, which I imagine he does, Fenty shouldn't be opposed to stumping the cash up!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 253
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 23, 2018, 6:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

The last time we signed a promising non-league striker for a fee the fans had to fund it themselves (or at least most of it) through OP.

I agree totally, Dennis looks a prospect and if the manager wants him we ought to at least have a go at getting him, it would be a decent apology to the fans.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 253
mariner91
May 23, 2018, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,666
Gold Stars: 262

The last time we signed a promising non-league striker for a fee the fans had to fund it themselves (or at least most of it) through OP.

I agree totally, Dennis looks a prospect and if the manager wants him we ought to at least have a go at getting him, it would be a decent apology to the fans.

A prospect?! He's 28!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 253
lew chaterleys lover
May 23, 2018, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from mariner91

A prospect?! He's 28!

I don't think Ron meant "prospect" in that sense - more that he was a good prospect for us to try to sign.
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 253
26 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Player targets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.