Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We stay up if....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 375 Guests

We stay up if....

This thread currently has 14,463 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
April 22, 2018, 10:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
A few people have referred to the 'point we need to confirm safety' but at least in terms of Barnet catching us a point makes no difference does it?

It does if its a single point to Barnet you are talking about - thats all thats needed to keep us safe, a draw with Morecambe is favourite and that'll do it

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 89
RonMariner
April 22, 2018, 11:14am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,688
Gold Stars: 226
I really hope FGR get a point on Tuesday. Then they are safe. The less they have to play for the better, because a win at their place is still a get out of jail card for us whatever happens next Saturday. Hope it doesn't come to that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 89
RonMariner
April 22, 2018, 11:48am

Special Brew Drinker
After yesterday's win, Barnet fans must be thinking that we are more than capable of getting a result at FGR. So for them I imagine its catching Morecambe that is their best hope of staying up.

Should Morecambe win on Tuesday, Barnet might well feel that they are down already.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 89
IlkleyMariner
April 22, 2018, 12:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from RonMariner
I really hope FGR get a point on Tuesday. Then they are safe. The less they have to play for the better, because a win at their place is still a get out of jail card for us whatever happens next Saturday. Hope it doesn't come to that.

Both Yeovil and fgr can confirm safety with a draw. Worth a flutter as that's very likely to be the result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 89
The_Laughing_Mariner
April 23, 2018, 10:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
I think this is the time to remember the Serenity prayer.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

We have no effect on games played elsewhere so don't worry about them.
What we can do is create the right atmosphere, get right behind the club, team and management, support them positively and don't get on their backs if things start to go awry.
Together we can get out of this mess.

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 89
arryarryarry
April 23, 2018, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from RonMariner

Do you really think that if FGR are safe and we need to win they will just role over and hand it to us?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 89
Limerick Mariner
April 23, 2018, 12:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from arryarryarry

Do you really think that if FGR are safe and we need to win they will just role over and hand it to us?

Their Chairman will want to send us down if they can - the team will be fully committed to doing that...

Notts are a bit erratic, they had a good result on Saturday but Chesterfield turned them over comfortably 4 weeks ago. We need to get the job done on Saturday.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 89
RonMariner
April 23, 2018, 1:40pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

No. I didn't say that.

I just think that it will be slightly easier for us if FGR are not fighting for their survival too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 89
RonMariner
April 23, 2018, 1:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Their Chairman will want to send us down if they can - the team will be fully committed to doing that...

Really? What makes you think that? Just because we beat them in a play off final two years ago?

He's a businessman. I am, sure that if he had a preference, which I doubt he does, he would probably choose Barnet or Morecambe to drop as they bring smaller revenue with them on match days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 89
arryarryarry
April 23, 2018, 3:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from RonMariner

No. I didn't say that.

I just think that it will be slightly easier for us if FGR are not fighting for their survival too.

Surely the opposite could happen, they would be under no pressure and may well play much better than they have been.

You need to stop clutching at straws and hope that it doesn't come down to that day.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 89
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We stay up if....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.