Mighty_Mariner
March 30, 2018, 11:57pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from arryarryarry
I would add that it hasn't taken long for MJ to start getting flustered being interviewed, I thought Dave Burns was spot on with his assessment of the second half, I thought we were crap with only a weak shot by Hooper near the end being our only shot on target in a really must win game.

Really? I didn't listen to him get flustered for a second. I thought he dealt with Burnsy's challenging questions very, very well. The right questions to ask and very credible answers in my opinion.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 37
Mrs Doyle
March 31, 2018, 4:33am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Same here if anything he turned it around it was Burnsy who backed off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 37
March 31, 2018, 4:40am
Guest User
Quoted from The Waif
We looked better when Vernon came on. He at least can bring others into the game around him. Not a coincidence that he’s played in the majority of the games we’ve won this season.

Think there's a sound case for playing Vernon. He shows for the ball, holds the ball up, brings others into the game.
Clearly he is a player better suited to a passing game. Having a player like that actually encourages the team to pass it more, I believe.

The (fair, I think) criticism that he doesn't score goals is now looking a bit hollow. He won't be keeping Jimmy Goaldenboots out of the side.....
Reply: 32 - 37
Maringer
March 31, 2018, 10:10am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,491
Gold Stars: 185
Hooper did OK alongside Wilks, I thought. In the first half in any case. We offered little up front after Wilks had to go off so he must have been doing something OK. On the other hand, after they rejigged their defence at half-time, it shut our attacking play down far too easily and it became too much hit and hope.

How much of this was because Rose did sweet F.A. in the second half, I'm not sure. I can only imagine he was left on because he has shown he can nick a goal here and there and is quite strong in the air, something which can't be said for our other midfield options.

Have to say, when you looked at the bench yesterday, you could see why we're in such dire straits at the moment - no attacking threat to bring on at all and, when Wilks departed, he was replaced by a young central midfielder with a handful of first team appearances. Are Jaiyesimi and Matt injured?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 37
Mariner_09
March 31, 2018, 10:18am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Name another midfield player who was good in the air and could nick the odd important goal but had infinity more heart and was an immeasurably better footballer than Rose!

I task everyone!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 37
HertsGTFC
March 31, 2018, 10:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Mariner_09
Name another midfield player who was good in the air and could nick the odd important goal but had infinity more heart and was an immeasurably better footballer than Rose!

I task everyone!

Hmmm..... the Ginger Pirlo, and he should have been retained for another season to give us a bit of the continuity we lack.

If we had the likes of Shaun & Dis I’d be much more confident of getting out of this.

BTW all this praise of Wilks I just don’t see it TBH

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 37
Roast Em Bobby
March 31, 2018, 11:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
I'm by no means a big fan of Hooper but I have to say I thought he genuinely tried yesterday - he won a fair few headers, ran the channels, tried to close defenders down and made a decent chance for Wilks in the first half. It was a better centre forward display than we've seen from anyone else in a town shirt in the last month or so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 37
OneLove
March 31, 2018, 1:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +731
Gold Stars: 10
rose just wanders about, doesn't put himself about and is a lazy lazy player. I think thats the best town are going to give and for me its not staying up material, we battled hard but clearly not good enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rose and Hooper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.