3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
March 28, 2018, 1:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
And to make things worse, look at the tweets from yesterday, Kelly was delivering "great balls" into the box........never seen a decent ball into our opposition box all season and if we ever do Matt would be there but couldn`t reach it as he hasn`t got the ability to jump over a snake!!....

Dont believe what comes out of the clubs twitter feed ( especially during games) I've seen things like 'just past the post' when a shot is closer to the corner flag or 'blocked on the line' when the shot has barely reached the penalty spot.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
lowerfindus
March 28, 2018, 3:02pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
I was at the game yesterday and JJ did indeed hit a fine shot into the top corner and Sam Kelly did out some decent crosses in. It was a mix of youth and first team and there where a couple of promising performances against a young but huge bunch of Mansfield hackers.

Our two centre backs where too small to cope with their strikers but our young left back Oli Saunders (I think) looked half decent aswell as Sawyer in midfield. Hall Johnson had a good game and it was interesting to see Jolley constantly getting him to over lap the winger and attack he space confront of him. If he gets our first team full backs doing that we will all be pleased.

Had a chat with Jolley at half time and he was very interesting to chat footy to. Watched the whole game. Buckley, woods also viewing the game with Wilko running things from the sidelines.

Might be a few more injured players back in contention for friday going on what he said. The issues with fragile minds is definitely a massive problems. More so than actual ability.

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
Mariner_09
March 28, 2018, 3:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
The issue of fragile minds has been the case even into last season as we only collected 4 points from losing positions all season (all of them against Carlisle) so this isn’t a new thing. It’s certainly something Jolley needs to sort out in the short term and long term as it’s a big problem if you conceded first every week.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Reserves Face Stags

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.