3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
horsforthmariner
March 25, 2018, 3:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,611
Gold Stars: 9
Fenty is our Mike Ashley, except much much worse. Under his stewardship the club has gone into freefall and it will continue to get worse and worse.

The man simply has the worst judgment I've ever seen in a chairman. It was clear in early January that a) Slade had to go. b) We Weren't safe

He decides to rid of us of 3 definitely good enough league 2 players: Jones, Osborne and Clements and keep Slade until the window slammed shut.

This is simply disgraceful. I hope to god we stay up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
Bigdog
March 25, 2018, 4:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Ipswin

I don't think any of these three bother him as much as the cash and anyway if he was to go tomorrow he would still be vilified and never allowed to forget his mistakes.

He will always be remembered for everything bad that has happened in the last 15 years or so, apart from the money therefore he has nowt to gain (other than getting rid of a headache)

The few who recall how he bailed the club out will always be shouted down

I'm sorry, I just don't agree. Events change perceptions..

If JF were to walk away with a compromise agreement it would soften the views of many but not all. If he wrote off say £1m, some would say it was a really benevolent act and he was putting the club before himself, some would say it should have been £2m.

What isn't healthy for him is the status quo we have today..

It's a situation he's got himself into and he has to figure a way out that suits his principles and priorities..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
RonMariner
March 25, 2018, 4:30pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,669
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 11MARINER11
Been watching town for 40 years . Played semi professional . IMO Barnet and Chesterfield will go down . trust me they are worse that us.

Er, is that the same Chesterfield that beat Notts County 3-1 today and are three points behind us with two games in hand and a better goal difference?

Just checking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › As predicted

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.