arryarryarry
March 25, 2018, 5:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Pouton4ever

matt has much more style and is less aggressive. In advocacy training it's called boiling the frog - if you go in with an aggressive or rude style you will never get good answers, which of course is what you want when interviewing

Matt Dean was quite aggressive with MJ after the Lincoln game and MJ got quite frosty with him.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
Mrs Doyle
March 25, 2018, 7:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Their two headed goals were FREE headers inside the box considering we have everybody back for corners that is unforgivable.

They had two young wing backs that worked their socks off the ginge one especially was brilliant, On a wide pitch like that our defenders were left wanting sorry but Davis looked his age yesterday.

M.J. said it how it was honest and clear no animosity, patronization or arrogance he just as to get these players to believe in themselves first half we looked like we were capable of getting a point.

Second half I said if they score again we will crumble they did.

Coventry relaxed knocked the balls wide into space and we got run ragged.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
arryarryarry
March 25, 2018, 9:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

So what he was supposed to do headingly? Keep playing rose n berrett in midfield,keep ignoring the fringe players,keep playing Clarke when the status quo patently hasn't worked? Damned if he does,damned if he doesn't.......

I don't mind him making changes but Woolford in centre midfield?

Private Message
Reply: 62 - 70
forza ivano
March 25, 2018, 10:36am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from arryarryarry

I don't mind him making changes but Woolford in centre midfield?

So who else did he have with any creative ability? It was worth a try,2 experienced heads in the centre of midfield along with 2 youngsters.incidentally,and I'll get red crossed for this,was Clifton any better than woolford? Didn't see him do v much at all and IMHO all 3 youngsters were v disappointing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
Rodley Mariner
March 25, 2018, 11:00am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I thought Woolford did quite well til he got caught in possession and they scored their second.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
rancido
March 25, 2018, 11:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I’m a little worried that he’s got us doing half zonal and half man marking. Whatever the intercourse it is, the players can’t grasp it. For 2 of the goals today the biggest player on the pitch was completey unmarked.

Different formation and different team in all 3 of his games. This is not championship manager, I think he needs to pick his best team and make minimal changes.
I also think he’d have been better off not panning the players for the 2nd half.

But he can only find his " best " team under match conditions. Training all week and practice matches within our own squad is one thing when there is nothing at stake but a players true worth can only be judged under the pressure of a competitive game.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
Mrs Doyle
March 25, 2018, 12:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I thought Woolford did quite well til he got caught in possession and they scored their second.

Thought it was him FFS had to be didn't it.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
headingly_mariner
March 25, 2018, 12:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from rancido

But he can only find his " best " team under match conditions. Training all week and practice matches within our own squad is one thing when there is nothing at stake but a players true worth can only be judged under the pressure of a competitive game.

He can watch the videos of the 35 games we played without him this season. There’s easily enough info for him to be able to pick a side. It’s not pre season. We’ve got 7 games to secure safety.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 70
toontown
March 25, 2018, 1:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,278
Gold Stars: 70
I think it is pretty obvious that on thing Jolley ISN'T is a stick to one formation, stick to a 'best 11' manager! To me one of the things that seems to be stressed about him is he picks both players on formations to suit each individual match, as he sees it, depending on oppo strengths and weaknesses. I fully expect him to acquire the nickname tinkerman before too long as it will be astick used to beat him by those that don't like it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 70
arryarryarry
March 25, 2018, 3:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Watch the highlights, one of their attacks he points I think to Clifton to mark the man inside and he goes out to the wide player but makes no intention to get close, also his defending for their 1st goal never mind their 2nd.
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.