Reply: 40 - 70
Cloudy
March 24, 2018, 8:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Bigdog

Correct, he got sidetracked. Being a youth coach throughout the Fenty era, he knows how petty and cheap the club is from the top and right through to some of the staff that have been there far too long and are too set in their ways to make a positive difference..

Big shake up needed for us to ever have any semblance of hope I'm afraid..

Thought he was a coach at Scunny??
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
headingly_mariner
March 24, 2018, 8:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
I’m a little worried that he’s got us doing half zonal and half man marking. Whatever the intercourse it is, the players can’t grasp it. For 2 of the goals today the biggest player on the pitch was completey unmarked.

Different formation and different team in all 3 of his games. This is not championship manager, I think he needs to pick his best team and make minimal changes.
I also think he’d have been better off not panning the players for the 2nd half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
Pouton4ever
March 24, 2018, 8:11pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -244
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I’m a little worried that he’s got us doing half zonal and half man marking. Whatever the intercourse it is, the players can’t grasp it. For 2 of the goals today the biggest player on the pitch was completey unmarked.

Different formation and different team in all 3 of his games. This is not championship manager, I think he needs to pick his best team and make minimal changes.
I also think he’d have been better off not panning the players for the 2nd half.

He's nobody's fool and I just wonder if he's looked at the fixtures and decided what's potentially winnable and what's not and decided to spend a bit of time finding out his best team in a match environment. But that's just my opinion.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
forza ivano
March 24, 2018, 8:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
[quote=355]I’m a little worried that he’s got us doing half zonal and half man marking. Whatever the intercourse it is, the players can’t grasp it. For 2 of the goals today the biggest player on the pitch was completey unmarked.

I also think he’d have been better off not panning the players for the 2nd half. [/q

Everyone has said that jolley changes his players tactics and formations depending upon the opposition.he also said that all the players would be given a chance.we were always v unlikely to get anything at Lincoln. N cov and so it has proved.k
He's now played almost everyone so hopefully has a god idea as to who and how to play in the Stevenage cup final
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
Rodley Mariner
March 24, 2018, 8:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I completely agree with the sentiment Headingley but it's hard to stick with something that's got battered. I thought there was some decent stuff at times today but we look so vulnerable to set pieces and we're so lacking in resilience and mental strength. Those saying it's over and we're down are getting carried away as we're still 6 points from the bottom 2 but intercourse me we need to find some luck and some bravery over the next 6 days.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
chaos33
March 24, 2018, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
It s a good interview in my opinion. I like Burnsy asking the questions - probing, straight, brutally honest maybe - much better than the anodyne alternative we usually hear, but I though Jolley was excellent in his responses. I feel for him. He's got nothing to work with at all. I'm sure he'll turn out to be a good manager when he can build his own team. Really sad that it seems that it'll be in the conference.....

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
headingly_mariner
March 24, 2018, 8:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Pouton4ever

He's nobody's fool and I just wonder if he's looked at the fixtures and decided what's potentially winnable and what's not and decided to spend a bit of time finding out his best team in a match environment. But that's just my opinion.

I hope you’re right and we see a more settled team for the last 7 games. I still think it’s a bit naive if that is the case as all games in this league are winnable.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
headingly_mariner
March 24, 2018, 8:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I completely agree with the sentiment Headingley but it's hard to stick with something that's got battered. I thought there was some decent stuff at times today but we look so vulnerable to set pieces and we're so lacking in resilience and mental strength. Those saying it's over and we're down are getting carried away as we're still 6 points from the bottom 2 but intercourse me we need to find some luck and some bravery over the next 6 days.

Completely agree with you. We’ve had a tough couple of fixtures and now we are going to be in games against the other poor teams around us. I just feel if he continues to chop and change it’ll be counterproductive.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
Rodley Mariner
March 24, 2018, 8:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
I agree. Part of me thinks we should be going for simplicity - 442, man-to man etc but I guess he's trying to find a formation to disguise the huge weaknesses in the squad. One thing I did think today was how little we looked compared to them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.