4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Gaffer58
March 13, 2018, 5:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Look at how Liverpool have rebuilt a stand, I would assume its higher now than the previous one, I would think the club put a very good case forward to the local council and they approved the extension, so yes grounds can be developed, just not in NE Lincs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
rancido
March 13, 2018, 7:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Gaffer58
Look at how Liverpool have rebuilt a stand, I would assume its higher now than the previous one, I would think the club put a very good case forward to the local council and they approved the extension, so yes grounds can be developed, just not in NE Lincs.

But didn't they buy up all the houses in the surrounding streets to make way for their expansion plans?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
Ipswin
March 13, 2018, 7:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from arryarryarry
If I decide to come to BP on my bike instead of by car, can I leave it in someones front garden for 6d like we used to?

It was only 3d at least that's all my uncle paid a woman in Constitutional Ave.

For ages after seeing him leave via her back passage (the one from the house I mean!) on his way to the Barratt I was convinced he was giving her one before I was told he parked his bike there (at least he said he did)

I recall it appeared to me as a young lad that 1000s of blokes arrived by bike - does no one go to the match by bike any more? A couple of quid to park your bike could still be an earner if potential cyclists knew there was somewhere secure to leave it and you could have a few more pints than if you were driving.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
Mariner Timsky
March 14, 2018, 10:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 5
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-final-league-two-table-1328407

Worth having a go. I did us to lose and draw a couple and we stayed up without winning a game. But that also meant Barnet and Chesterfield continuing to be just as poor

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
arryarryarry
March 14, 2018, 10:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Ipswin

For ages after seeing him leave via her back passage (the one from the house I mean!) on his way to the Barratt I was convinced he was giving her one before I was told he parked his bike there (at least he said he did)

I recall it appeared to me as a young lad that 1000s of blokes arrived by bike - does no one go to the match by bike any more? A couple of quid to park your bike could still be an earner if potential cyclists knew there was somewhere secure to leave it and you could have a few more pints than if you were driving.

When I typed that I did wonder if it was 3d, it was 6d to get into the Pontoon but we always got in there early and climbed over the gate at the front.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
KingstonMariner
March 15, 2018, 1:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

I don't see how you can say this when a director publicly stated he wanted us knocking on the door of the Championship in 5 years. As far as the ground is concerned it's the Board and JF who want this but the council seem to be holding us back. Also a lot of posters on this site don't want us to leave BP but would rather we " develop " it.

What's holding us back is there simply isn't the money to finance a £22m stadium. That's why despite the council giving the club the opportunity to acquire the land cheaply and build a stadium on its preferred site, nothing has happened. If there was any realistic chance that 'enabling development' of the scale that would fund the build, it would be in planning by now. It simply doesn't stack up.

How long has it been since those skateboarders waltzed into town after others had failed to drum up a scheme? Must be a year now.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
KingstonMariner
March 15, 2018, 1:15am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

He might have said something about 'her threpeny bits' but it was rhyming slang.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We can lose every game and still stay up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.