3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
March 4, 2018, 11:28am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
The saddest part about Poojah's excellent post is here we are now and it's s bad if not worse than back then.

How can you say it's worse? We're Football League for Christ's sake. If you had shown me the league table now this time two years ago I'd have snapped your hand off.

Yes things are great but they have been a lot lot worse than they are now. That first season in the Conference was a very bleak year.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
March 4, 2018, 11:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GrimRob

How can you say it's worse? We're Football League for Christ's sake. If you had shown me the league table now this time two years ago I'd have snapped your hand off.

Yes things are great but they have been a lot lot worse than they are now. That first season in the Conference was a very bleak year.

Surely its worse now? We got back into the league after six horrible years, and now we are about to be relegated again unless a miracle happens.

It is worse in my opinion because this has almost been a master class in how not to take a club forward following the euphoria of promotion. It is worse now because if we go down again I reckon that will be that; I don't think the club will have it in itself to rise again, and I think the fans will not forgive or stay with the club as they did to a degree last time.

I genuinely and naively thought once we had got back into the league we would stay there for the remainder of my life; of course I was assuming JF would have learned something from how he got us relegated last time.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
forza ivano
March 4, 2018, 12:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,170
Gold Stars: 265
Can u tell me which players aren't trying? Coz I haven't seen any lack of effort apart from maybe Dixon who is apparently on 2.5k per week and has been lamentable.just a complete lack of confidence. Poor decision making and in some cases a lack of ability.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
grimsby pete
March 4, 2018, 12:06pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
We are in this situation now not only because Slade had no idea what he was doing but also because our non chairman let him do it for far too long,

If we go down we can not put any blame at Mr Jolley's door,

Its all down to Slade and Fenty,

The Fishy could see what Slade was doing to our club but the board did nothing until it was too late,

Expecting this useless shower to win at least 3 home games out of 5 when we have only won 4 out of 18 would be a miracle.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
MuddyWaters
March 4, 2018, 1:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

It's worse because we know what's coming if we go down. When we went down, there was an attitude that turned out to be very wrong that we would breeze the Conference. We know now that it's not that way at all.

More than that, to do it once was poor, to repeat would be unforgivable.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 26
chaos33
March 4, 2018, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Whilst the sentiment of that Poojah rant is understandable, the actual content and language is childish and embarrassing. I've never grasped why it was held up as some literary masterpiece that speaks for the disillusioned.

I feel that anger and frustration but reading it makes me cringe.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
Dan
March 4, 2018, 1:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Quoted from chaos33
Whilst the sentiment of that Poojah rant is understandable, the actual content and language is childish and embarrassing. I've never grasped why it was held up as some literary masterpiece that speaks for the disillusioned.

I feel that anger and frustration but reading it makes me cringe.

Yeah, I remembered it as being somewhat masterful, but actually it’s pretty embarrassing.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
MarinerWY
March 4, 2018, 1:48pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
This is not helping anyone. These are professional footballers not fools or con merchants like some we have had, and they know the side is failing. They don't need this sort of extra moanalot exhortation pressure when the name of the game is to get the goal that will set us on the right track.

Poojah was right for that time. It is not right for now. We have a new manager, players need to impress, they will try to impress. That is human nature. Help them to do it, don't hammer them further into the turf than they already are.

Brilliant post.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
HertsGTFC
March 4, 2018, 3:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from grimsby pete
We are in this situation now not only because Slade had no idea what he was doing but also because our non chairman let him do it for far too long,

If we go down we can not put any blame at Mr Jolley's door,

Its all down to Slade and Fenty,

The Fishy could see what Slade was doing to our club but the board did nothing until it was too late,

Expecting this useless shower to win at least 3 home games out of 5 when we have only won 4 out of 18 would be a miracle.

I think your right but our current predicament goes further back than that.

For me the appointment of Bignot was wrong as I am not sure JF did enough due diligence on the charterer of the man. The next bit was allowing him to build a squad of 30 plus pros and sucking up a lot of the Omar money.

Appointing Slade was a stupid move, we where safe from relegation he could have got rid of Bignot and given the rest of the season to Dave Moore and Dis and really took his time to ensure we got the right replacement.

Many mistakes have been made and the lack of strategy spanning 2 decades reeks of rank amateurism but now is not the time for looking back the next 10 games are the difference between us possibly becoming an established EFL side or potentially a long term fixture in non league football.    

As for the current crop well in nay job you get those who want to be the best they possible can and those who are just happy to go into work drift along and show no real ambition, the latter are not bad people it's just the way it is. Where us fans would see it as a privilege playing for GTFC is a job for pretty much all of them we better help regardless of ambition that they have some professional pride for the next 10 games.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
Kris2
March 4, 2018, 3:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from forza ivano
Can u tell me which players aren't trying? Coz I haven't seen any lack of effort apart from maybe Dixon who is apparently on 2.5k per week and has been lamentable.just a complete lack of confidence. Poor decision making and in some cases a lack of ability.

How would you know? As far as I can tell you don't go to games and you pay attention to other teams games so you can update us on their scores. How are the Shrews doing lately? And Lincoln? All those other teams you support.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › To The Players of Grimsby Town FC

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.