6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
TwoLeftFeet
March 3, 2018, 8:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
I'm guessing his brief will be stay up this year.. next year let's see how many of these 'Excellent' signings we've been promised his budget can afford
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 57
Ipswin
March 3, 2018, 8:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
I'm guessing his brief will be stay up this year.. next year let's see how many of these 'Excellent' signings we've been promised his budget can afford

and if he doesn't keep us up ? (blame Slade I suppose and hope Jolley can do the business in the National League first time)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
HertsGTFC
March 3, 2018, 8:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
It’s such a tough task for many reasons but in my mind the biggest challenge is how do you come in and motivate a group of players who are one of the following,

1. Loanees who just getting experience or games
2. Out of contract at the end of season
3. Marking time before retirement

Many of these players don’t care what level they play at as long as they get paid they’ll just move from job to job for the rest of their careers.

From Monday he needs to mix it up both in training and onwards into his first selection. Wether or not he has enough time to change the environment so that the players get some confidence and professional pride in their performances we’ll have to see.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 57
Ipswin
March 3, 2018, 8:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It’s such a tough task for many reasons but in my mind the biggest challenge is how do you come in and motivate a group of players who are one of the following,

1. Loanees who just getting experience or games
2. Out of contract at the end of season
3. Marking time before retirement

Many of these players don’t care what level they play at as long as they get paid they’ll just move from job to job for the rest of their careers.

From Monday he needs to mix it up both in training and onwards into his first selection. Wether or not he has enough time to change the environment so that the players get some confidence and professional pride in their performances we’ll have to see.

I really can see him having a major effect on the mindset of the players but what he cannot do is make poor footballers into world beaters overnight. Matt for example can go out with a kick up the bottom and a 'I must not intercourse up again' message ringing in his ears but it does not mean he will suddenly be able to hit a cows bottom with a banjo

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
Jimbob
March 3, 2018, 9:17pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +2
Players who never get a chance to impress should start with a clean slate and jolly can make up his own mind without other opinions, that also includes the youngsters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
HertsGTFC
March 3, 2018, 9:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Jimbob
Players who never get a chance to impress should start with a clean slate and jolly can make up his own mind without other opinions, that also includes the youngsters.

Everyone keeps talking about these youngsters we have but Clifton apart are there any more who could step up?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
March 3, 2018, 9:25pm
Guest User
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Everyone keeps talking about these youngsters we have but Clifton apart are there any more who could step up?

Nope
Reply: 26 - 57
HertsGTFC
March 3, 2018, 9:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 120790

Nope

Thought not, best stick with the journeymen wage stealers for a while longer then  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
Jimbob
March 3, 2018, 9:41pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +2
how do we know if we don't see them play or send them on loan
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 57
Grantley
March 3, 2018, 9:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
W H E R E I S S E A N M C A L L I S T E R ?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Monday - The Start

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.