rancido
February 24, 2018, 12:27pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from olimariner
Cheap, that’s it we know what the option is that the board are looking for cheap end of....All of the managers we have been linked with have turned us down because we are a cheap club offering cheap contracts no doubt. When Macclesfield manager who isn’t getting paid on time turns us down it just shows what we are up against....

Do you have any evidence to support this? Do you categorically know what Slade was on or Hurst or in fact what is on offer to any manager? It's very easy to speculate but you have no facts to back up your statement.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 44
realist
February 24, 2018, 12:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
Its called a debate/conversation Rancido - you present your point of view and the recipient decides if it is credible or not.  Why this constant thirst for evidence - it is not always there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 44
rancido
February 24, 2018, 12:44pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from realist
Its called a debate/conversation Rancido - you present your point of view and the recipient decides if it is credible or not.  Why this constant thirst for evidence - it is not always there.

I understand debate/conversation but stating something is a "cheap" approach comes over as a statement of fact. If the poster had said " in my opinion " then that is debate. There is always evidence but whether it can be found is another matter. As regards what is on offer to a prospective manager, that will be known to JF and one or two others at the club but having it divulged is not available unless they wish to reveal it.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 44
Stadium
February 24, 2018, 1:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from rancido

I understand debate/conversation but stating something is a "cheap" approach comes over as a statement of fact. If the poster had said " in my opinion " then that is debate. There is always evidence but whether it can be found is another matter. As regards what is on offer to a prospective manager, that will be known to JF and one or two others at the club but having it divulged is not available unless they wish to reveal it.

???
It's an internet forum,if you want the truth head towards the OS.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 44
chaos33
February 24, 2018, 1:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from forza ivano
Sounds like someone who's getting a bit desperate. 3 people turned him down, rest of the short list are obviously Shiite and he's reduced to pleading through the media for anyone with any ability to apply. I'm beginning to despair

This

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 44
Mrs Doyle
February 24, 2018, 1:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from olimariner
Cheap, that’s it we know what the option is that the board are looking for cheap end of....All of the managers we have been linked with have turned us down because we are a cheap club offering cheap contracts no doubt. When Macclesfield manager who isn’t getting paid on time turns us down it just shows what we are up against....

Sorry since when did lashing out vasts amount of money guarantee success?  We probably need a virtual new squad next season that doesn't come cheap you have to cut your cloth to suit.

It's up to the board to juggle finances unless somebody wins the Lotto and donates and least ten million to the cub with no conditions attached.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 44
KingstonMariner
February 24, 2018, 4:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Stadium

???
It's an internet forum,if you want the truth head towards the OS.

That's a matter of opinion  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 44
Grimsby2012
February 24, 2018, 4:58pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
After the Poor show today.I think it's obvious Wilko isn't getting the job. He may need time for his style to work, Unfortunately we don't have that at the moment..

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 44
RoboCod
February 24, 2018, 6:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Grimsby2012
After the Poor show today.I think it's obvious Wilko isn't getting the job. He may need time for his style to work, Unfortunately we don't have that at the moment..

Trouble is, with every defeat we move closer to the trapdoor and the choice of manager is whittled down even further. No one of any significance wanted it prior to today, there'll be even less wanting to take on a 5th from bottom team, and no one with any sanity will be interested after the next defeat.
Wilko has it until the end of the season I feel, simply because no one of any worth else wants it.

The House of Slade should have been pulled down before Xmas, not just the facade, not just the walls but the wonky foundations and a new ones put in place. Short of a time machine we're without hope, how on earth did Slade manage to stay here, in charge of team affairs through the most crucial transfer window in our history, allowed to stay and vandalise the club further. Shameful.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 44
Ipswin
February 24, 2018, 6:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Grimsby2012

With all the excrement he's getting after just two games, why would he want it?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fenty on Askey

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.