Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Brown to be named as gtfc manager tomorrow
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 146 Guests

Phil Brown to be named as gtfc manager tomorrow

This thread currently has 20,075 views. Print
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
wigworld
February 20, 2018, 9:26am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from denni266
With our luck it will be Mrs Brown  

Then the team could run onto the pitch to the music from Mrs Brown's Boys.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEJjVzuAG-I[/url]

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 60 - 143
barrattstandman
February 20, 2018, 9:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
Don’t you think this fake tan business is getting racial, after all the Black and White Minstrels had to stop cos it was racial
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 143
jock dock tower
February 20, 2018, 9:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
FFS, someone posts a rumour and it's now almost a done deal!

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 143
ivanosandwich
February 20, 2018, 9:50am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +8 / -1
Approval: +1,470
Gold Stars: 17
If it's Brown, then it probably is a bit of a coup given his CV.

I don't think he will be here long though.

He will either "do a Slade" and get the sack or keep us up but at the first sniff of what he considers to be a more attractive job, I reckon he'll be off.

I would take him keeping us up right now but get the feeling he is only accepting this job as a stop gap until he gets back to where he thinks he belongs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 143
Rick12
February 20, 2018, 9:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from ivanosandwich

He will either "do a Slade" and get the sack or keep us up but at the first sniff of what he considers to be a more attractive job, I reckon he'll be off.

I would take him keeping us up right now but get the feeling he is only accepting this job as a stop gap until he gets back to where he thinks he belongs.
But this is still a decent traditional club with a good past even if the business side of things has left us in the wings of more illustrious names higher up the divisions .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 143
Abdul19
February 20, 2018, 10:21am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from ivanosandwich

Agreed, I'd be happy with him taking a deal til the end of the season. I'm not arsed about his contacts or his past promotions, that stuff doesn't matter now.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 143
moosey_club
February 20, 2018, 10:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,251
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from wigworld

Then the team could run onto the pitch to the music from Mrs Brown's Boys.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEJjVzuAG-I[/url]

Or alternatively we could sit and stick knitting needles in our ears  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 143
Ipswin
February 20, 2018, 11:10am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Frankly I am past caring who Fenty appoints, just do it today (no doubt the decision will be another wrong one as it has been taken in a hurry - there is no chance we will be relegated I don't know what all the panic is about, Wilko until the end of the season would be fine IMO)

The endless excrement, stupid suggestions, sightings and speculation about the new man is 10 times worse than all the 'Slade must go' stuff - at least 99% agreed with that

If you must do it John do it now and we can all argue and complain about it for a week or so as that is no doubt going to happen.

We can then either celebrate as the new man puts a decent run together or start another 'the new man must go his football is shite and we are going to be relegated' thread

Please God let it all end (at least for a while)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 143
Ipswin
February 20, 2018, 11:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from barrattstandman
Don’t you think this fake tan business is getting racial, after all the Black and White Minstrels had to stop cos it was racial

Careful, don't make any  remark intended to be even slightly humorous about racism or you will be pilloried by the PR brigade

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 143
dapperz fun pub
February 20, 2018, 11:15am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,934
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Ipswin
Frankly I am past caring who Fenty appoints, just do it today (no doubt the decision will be another wrong one as it has been taken in a hurry - there is no chance we will be relegated I don't know what all the panic is about, Wilko until the end of the season would be fine IMO)

The endless excrement, stupid suggestions, sightings and speculation about the new man is 10 times worse than all the 'Slade must go' stuff - at least 99% agreed with that

If you must do it John do it now and we can all argue and complain about it for a week or so as that is no doubt going to happen.

We can then either celebrate as the new man puts a decent run together or start another 'the new man must go his football is shite and we are going to be relegated' thread

Please God let it all end (at least for a while)

We concede 3 times most games nowadays mostly without reply, I still think relegation is a big threat or are Barnet and chesterfield that bad ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 143
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Brown to be named as gtfc manager tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.