Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Brown to be named as gtfc manager tomorrow
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 114 Guests

Phil Brown to be named as gtfc manager tomorrow

This thread currently has 20,062 views. Print
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Wrawby_Mariner
February 20, 2018, 12:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +50 / -13
Approval: +862
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Will Haddock
Telewag reporting a story from the weekend about David Healy...

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....s-suggesting-1237042

Rumour has to have come from somewhere - gives us hope that the club are making approaches to employed managers.

I was in Belfast at the weekend at the Northern Ireland League Cup Final. As the brand I'm UK Marketing Manager for makes both teams kits. In the Lounge during.. and after the game the talk was that Healy had applied for the job... so he had.

He won the League with Linfield last season and is receiving dogs abuse this season because it seems he has taken the club as far as he can... They are currently 4th with no chance of retaining the title.

Healy's teams are known for playing decent football, but in my opinion, If we were to get a manager from Northern Ireland, Dungannon Swifts manager Rod McAree would be the man. Plays very attractive football on the deck 11 of the 18 in the final squad came from the academy including former down loanee Dougie Wilson who went to Hull then went back to the swifts.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype Skype
Reply: 110 - 143
realist
February 20, 2018, 12:35pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,684
Gold Stars: 41
I think this club has become the poisoned chalice that no one wants  except for the desperate or inexperienced.  I hope not but can see Wilko in charge until the end of the season.  This club in its current  state is a career breaker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 143
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 20, 2018, 12:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Didn't we have Dougie Wilson on loan for a while a few years ago?

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 143
RoboCod
February 20, 2018, 12:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from realist
I think this club has become the poisoned chalice that no one wants  except for the desperate or inexperienced.  I hope not but can see Wilko in charge until the end of the season.  This club in its current  state is a career breaker.

Have a little faith. There's been clubs in the past as bad, even worse off than the current Town setup who have been not only rescued bit gone on to bigger better things. Some managers relish this kind of  challenge too...we just need to find them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 143
ginnywings
February 20, 2018, 12:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RoboCod

Have a little faith. There's been clubs in the past as bad, even worse off than the current Town setup who have been not only rescued bit gone on to bigger better things. Some managers relish this kind of  challenge too...we just need to find them.

Agreed. We are a solvent League 2 club with a loyal fan base, which is bigger than most in this division. Even with all their off field problems, Blackpool found a decent manager and got promoted.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 143
oldun
February 20, 2018, 12:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from realist

Looks like it. Plus the desperate maybe want too much money. The inexperienced would probably be keen to work in the FL, but coming here in our present state might put them off. I really don't know what to think. Someone to guarantee us league football is the priority so offer a big incentive payment to achieve that, then review again at the end of the season and make a fresh start I agree it is looking more like Wilko to the end of the season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 143
lew chaterleys lover
February 20, 2018, 12:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings

Agreed. We are a solvent League 2 club with a loyal fan base, which is bigger than most in this division. Even with all their off field problems, Blackpool found a decent manager and got promoted.

I agree but it is this difficult period of the next few weeks that makes it more scary.

Would a decent manager risk their reputation on saving us from the drop with so little time to do it in, with players he doesn't know that are very poor? If he did, then great and we can look forward to a summer of rebuilding etc. But if he takes the job and we continue in freefall... its a big risk.

Once again the board have played a shocker - a few weeks ago dismissing our poor  form and saying we were comfortable in the table. Left it too late to make the change and are now in a relegation battle with no manager.
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 143
nightrider
February 20, 2018, 1:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Well this never happened

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 143
Will Haddock
February 20, 2018, 1:01pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -32
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I was in Belfast at the weekend at the Northern Ireland League Cup Final. As the brand I'm UK Marketing Manager for makes both teams kits. In the Lounge during.. and after the game the talk was that Healy had applied for the job... so he had.

He won the League with Linfield last season and is receiving dogs abuse this season because it seems he has taken the club as far as he can... They are currently 4th with no chance of retaining the title.

Healy's teams are known for playing decent football, but in my opinion, If we were to get a manager from Northern Ireland, Dungannon Swifts manager Rod McAree would be the man. Plays very attractive football on the deck 11 of the 18 in the final squad came from the academy including former down loanee Dougie Wilson who went to Hull then went back to the swifts.

So, sounds credible, Linfield Chairman trying to sweep it under the carpet, but rumour confirmed by Wrawbz 'on the ground'.

Most appealing candidate from all mentioned so far for me.

<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
<*((((((><  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 143
ginnywings
February 20, 2018, 1:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548

I agree but it is this difficult period of the next few weeks that makes it more scary.

Would a decent manager risk their reputation on saving us from the drop with so little time to do it in, with players he doesn't know that are very poor? If he did, then great and we can look forward to a summer of rebuilding etc. But if he takes the job and we continue in freefall... its a big risk.

Once again the board have played a shocker - a few weeks ago dismissing our poor  form and saying we were comfortable in the table. Left it too late to make the change and are now in a relegation battle with no manager.

We may be in a bad spot, but if a manager cannot keep us up from our position, then he won't be much use anyway. There are still 6 teams below us and we are 9 points clear of 23rd spot.

Do agree that we have fiddled while Rome burned. The only type of action has been inaction.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 143
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Phil Brown to be named as gtfc manager tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.