Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › He's gone!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 10 Guests

He's gone!

This thread currently has 19,704 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
mariner91
February 11, 2018, 7:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,612
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from golfer
Don't know what the guys done to deserve the sack   As a reward I think we ought to ask J.S.F. if he wants to be Chairman.

Least he'll have got a nice big pay off from his £138K a year, 4 year contract eh?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 109
rancido
February 11, 2018, 7:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,567
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from mariner91

Least he'll have got a nice big pay off from his £138K a year, 4 year contract eh?

Exactly - from the person who was supposed to know something we didn't! It seem to me all golfer knows is jack sh*t.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 109
ackomariner
February 11, 2018, 7:19pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from rancido

Exactly - from the person who was supposed to know something we didn't! It seem to me all golfer knows is jack sh*t.

This

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 109
promotion plaice
February 11, 2018, 7:25pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from rancido

I think a lot of golfer's posts are done tonque in cheek  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 109
grimsby pete
February 11, 2018, 7:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from promotion plaice

I think a lot of golfer's posts are done tonque in cheek  

I think ALL GOLFER'S posts are done tongue in cheek.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 109
Caveman
February 11, 2018, 8:31pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Perhaps they'll let the new chairman pick the
next manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 109
northbankmariner
February 11, 2018, 8:36pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +27 / -3
Approval: +525
Like everyone else on here I am pleased that the town board have decided enough is enough and with 13 games left it is enough time to steady the ship, if and only if the right appointment is made.
What I can see happening is town fans having unrealistic expectations of who we could recruit as the next manager. Anyone decent at the job is already employed, and town will not have the money to pay compensation.  Do we go for an up and coming non league manager ?, Bignot was not a great success. An experienced steady old hand, mmmm that was Slade  wasn't it ? An ex town player, no thank you.  I do not have the answer and am making no suggestions but I hope that whoever is appointed as the next manager gets the full backing of everyone connected with the club. But we need to be realistic as to who we can attract and the style of football that is going to be asked of lower league footballers.

CLAP
CLAP
CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP
FISH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 109
HertsGTFC
February 11, 2018, 8:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Will Matt Dean be allowed back now?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 109
Davec
February 11, 2018, 8:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
My concern is that Wilko wins the next 2 and he gets given the job permanently but then after that it all goes to pot and in 9 months time Wilko is sacked...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 109
Cambs Mariner
February 11, 2018, 9:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Quoted from Davec
My concern is that Wilko wins the next 2 and he gets given the job permanently but then after that it all goes to pot and in 9 months time Wilko is sacked...

If I was the board, considering the situation the club find themselves in, I would be looking at the situation on a game to game basis. But you also have to have a manager in position ready to take his place if things aren't going well on the pitch.
But if there isn't anybody in place what do the board do if we are still losing?
Do they let Paul carry on, do they install another caretaker manager or do they make another rash full time management decision?
Let's hope we start winning and start pulling away from the relegation zone.
Unless of course they already have someone in place and Paul is just there to manage the training over the next few days.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › He's gone!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.