Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › He's gone!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 12 Guests

He's gone!

This thread currently has 19,641 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
GyMariner
February 11, 2018, 4:43pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -5
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 7
Am I right in saying wilko has experienced promotion from this league? Which might indicate he never had a great input with russ

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 109
Perkins
February 11, 2018, 4:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
"We wish Russell all the best for the future and thank him for some of the improvements he has implemented on and off the field."

What? Anyone notice?

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 109
jonnyboy82
February 11, 2018, 4:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Better late than never , well done john .

Now let's get behind the club and look forward , I have no doubt this would have been a very hard decision for john as he had backed him all the way and one thing you cant deny is the support he gave Russell at this club.

It needed to be done as we were sinking like a stone from top to bottom.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 109
SheepGTFC
February 11, 2018, 4:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +282
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted Text
The Board would like to thank Russell for his efforts and hard work and are bitterly disappointed that this did not turn out differently. He had a strong working relationship with the Board and all involved are disappointed to see a good, hardworking and honest man, who cared intensely about the club, lose his job.

Nah you can intercourse off Slade.

Hopefully we can now consolidate our position and move forward and not dig up relics from the past like Slade.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 109
jimgtfc
February 11, 2018, 4:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,066
Gold Stars: 44
Should have happened weeks ago but fair play to John and the board for finally admitting it wasn’t going to work.

Now let’s really get behind the team and be part of turning this club back around!!!

Up the mariners!!!!

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 109
ginnywings
February 11, 2018, 4:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Typical. I go out for a walk along the prom to clear my head and miss the big announcement. Whilst i was out i was thinking about it and came to the conclusion that he would have to be sacked, either today or tomorrow. The club had no options left and the board had to act. I also got to thinking that if the rumours are true of Slade and Wilko not getting on, then maybe Wilko would be spared and given the team to look after until a new No1 could be recruited. He is the assistant manager after all. I don't think it matters who is in temporary charge if the new man is installed fairly quickly. Wilko, Andy Warrington and Dave Moore have the experience to keep us ticking over for now.

As for the rumours of the massive contract, it was just crazy to even think that the board would sanction that, and so it proves.

Please, please, please get this next appointment right.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 109
BottesfordMariner
February 11, 2018, 4:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9

Up to now I had felt resigned to the fact Town were going down.  I had given up on any hope under Slade. At least with him gone I have some renewed optimism.

Lets give Wilko a chance and see what the longer term solution is. First things first ...lets get a win soon and hopefully get some confidence back into the players (and supporters).

3 pts at Cambridge would be fantastic but is maybe a big ask. But an hour ago i had zero hope of getting anything on Saturday...at least now I can dream.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 109
TAGG
February 11, 2018, 4:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,961
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Perkins
"We wish Russell all the best for the future and thank him for some of the improvements he has implemented on and off the field."

What? Anyone notice?

Doesn't matter now mate.
He's gone and anything he implemented can soon be ironed out 👍😀😀

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 109
Hagrid
February 11, 2018, 4:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Made my hangover feel 10X better
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 109
fleabag1970
February 11, 2018, 4:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Brilliant ... I have no problem returning to Blundell park now

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 109
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › He's gone!

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.