This thread currently has 5,550 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
kingster72
January 28, 2018, 9:10am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Watching Newport in the FA Cup who nobody can deny have been amazing since Flynn took charge, you look at how he has brought spirit (& a goal scorer in Amond!) to a club that was dire last season, but he turned it round in remarkable fashion.  So when we sack Slade, who can take over to have a similar effect to which Flynn has had?  The next GTFC manager needs to bring spirit and passion on the pitch, be popular off it with fans, that someone has to galvanise everyone in this depressing time we find ourselves at the moment.  Someone with managerial history is probably not the person to do this (as Slade proves), we need someone young and fresh like Flynn, is the right man to step up to the dugout Craig Disley?  I can't think of anyone better to give it a go, he'd have players wanting to play for him and supporters wanting to come back and watch!
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
January 28, 2018, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Tbh I honestly think my pet hamster is more tactically astute than Slade when I try and get the little fornicator out his positioning is always spot on .. Dave Moore and Disley to see the season out I’d have no problems with both would inject passion immediately and tactically could any one do any worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Teesknees
January 28, 2018, 9:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Tbh I honestly think my pet hamster is more tactically astute than Slade when I try and get the little fornicator out his positioning is always spot on .. Dave Moore and Disley to see the season out I’d have no problems with both would inject passion immediately and tactically could any one do any worse

If you take your pet hamster to the games he could be the manager!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
Hagrid
January 28, 2018, 9:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Dis with no coaching badges? No im sorry but we are in relegation trouble, we need someone with a bit of know how. I love dis, but the time isnt right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
ginnywings
January 28, 2018, 9:33am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
I'll give it a go if you like. I have no coaching or managerial experience, but i'm GTFC through and through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
OllieGTFC
January 28, 2018, 9:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Just leave Disley alone for now he may not want to be a manager

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
louth_in_the_south
January 28, 2018, 10:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,674
Gold Stars: 95
You can have all the coaching badges in the world but if you can’t man manage they’re useless.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
dapperz fun pub
January 28, 2018, 10:48am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
All the coaching badges in the world doesn’t make you a good manager , I’d have loved to of heard what Brian clough would of thought of getting his a licence. What’s needed his up to date thinking and methods coupled passion and intelligence hence why the brothers down the 46 are smashing it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
grimsby pete
January 28, 2018, 10:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Are you saying that Slade has got coaching badges ,

In what ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
TAGG
January 28, 2018, 11:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Hagrid
Dis with no coaching badges? No im sorry but we are in relegation trouble, we need someone with a bit of know how. I love dis, but the time isnt right

Coaching badges are not the be all and end all.
I've worked with blokes who have every qualification you can get and were proper excrement at there job.
We need someone in now who can unite the team and fans again.
We need someone to put the buzz back into BP and bums back on seats.
I feel Dizzy would be a good shout.
Give him a go untill the end of the season what have we to lose because we are going down with Slade anyway.
Diz for manager
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Disley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.