This thread currently has 5,542 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
kingster72
January 28, 2018, 9:10am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: -7
Watching Newport in the FA Cup who nobody can deny have been amazing since Flynn took charge, you look at how he has brought spirit (& a goal scorer in Amond!) to a club that was dire last season, but he turned it round in remarkable fashion.  So when we sack Slade, who can take over to have a similar effect to which Flynn has had?  The next GTFC manager needs to bring spirit and passion on the pitch, be popular off it with fans, that someone has to galvanise everyone in this depressing time we find ourselves at the moment.  Someone with managerial history is probably not the person to do this (as Slade proves), we need someone young and fresh like Flynn, is the right man to step up to the dugout Craig Disley?  I can't think of anyone better to give it a go, he'd have players wanting to play for him and supporters wanting to come back and watch!
Logged Offline
Private Message
dapperz fun pub
January 28, 2018, 9:16am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,878
Gold Stars: 82
Tbh I honestly think my pet hamster is more tactically astute than Slade when I try and get the little fornicator out his positioning is always spot on .. Dave Moore and Disley to see the season out I’d have no problems with both would inject passion immediately and tactically could any one do any worse
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Teesknees
January 28, 2018, 9:26am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Tbh I honestly think my pet hamster is more tactically astute than Slade when I try and get the little fornicator out his positioning is always spot on .. Dave Moore and Disley to see the season out I’d have no problems with both would inject passion immediately and tactically could any one do any worse

If you take your pet hamster to the games he could be the manager!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
Hagrid
January 28, 2018, 9:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,352
Gold Stars: 527
Dis with no coaching badges? No im sorry but we are in relegation trouble, we need someone with a bit of know how. I love dis, but the time isnt right
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
ginnywings
January 28, 2018, 9:33am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
I'll give it a go if you like. I have no coaching or managerial experience, but i'm GTFC through and through.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
OllieGTFC
January 28, 2018, 9:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Just leave Disley alone for now he may not want to be a manager

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
louth_in_the_south
January 28, 2018, 10:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
You can have all the coaching badges in the world but if you can’t man manage they’re useless.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
dapperz fun pub
January 28, 2018, 10:48am
Special Brew Drinker
All the coaching badges in the world doesn’t make you a good manager , I’d have loved to of heard what Brian clough would of thought of getting his a licence. What’s needed his up to date thinking and methods coupled passion and intelligence hence why the brothers down the 46 are smashing it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
grimsby pete
January 28, 2018, 10:50am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Are you saying that Slade has got coaching badges ,

In what ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
TAGG
January 28, 2018, 11:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,973
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from Hagrid
Dis with no coaching badges? No im sorry but we are in relegation trouble, we need someone with a bit of know how. I love dis, but the time isnt right

Coaching badges are not the be all and end all.
I've worked with blokes who have every qualification you can get and were proper excrement at there job.
We need someone in now who can unite the team and fans again.
We need someone to put the buzz back into BP and bums back on seats.
I feel Dizzy would be a good shout.
Give him a go untill the end of the season what have we to lose because we are going down with Slade anyway.
Diz for manager
UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
dapperz fun pub
January 28, 2018, 11:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from TAGG

I've worked with blokes who have every qualification you can get and were proper excrement at there job.
Give him a go untill the end of the season what have we to lose because we are going down with Slade anyway.
Diz for manager
UTM

If slades left in the job we are deep trouble obvious to all , Well maybe not exactly everyone

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
January 28, 2018, 11:24am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
I'll give it a go if you like. I have no coaching or managerial experience, but i'm GTFC through and through.

Go for it mate, a lack of coaching skills didn't stop Russ getting the job and hes a mercenary.
Reply: 11 - 33
Hagrid
January 28, 2018, 11:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,352
Gold Stars: 527
Quoted from TAGG

Diz for manager
UTM

I respect your point mate and lots of what you say is absolutely correct, i want slade gone 100% but i wouldnt be sure that Dis would be the answer at this moment
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
LH
January 28, 2018, 11:33am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Isn’t having coaching badges a minimum requirement set by the FA and FL? Alex Ferguson and a few others had grandfather rights and didn’t need to get them a few years back.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
oldun
January 28, 2018, 11:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
For the benefit of the romantics putting in an appearance why not go the whole hog. Mooro , Diz and Macca with AB as director of football. Bring back all the half decent players we had in the past 2-3 years and our future is secured. In any case we probably only have Mceown who played with Diz. Get real folks. I know we are in a pickle but.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
RoboCod
January 28, 2018, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'd agree it's a bit early to start putting Diz forward, and we don't even know what his intentions are as to his future coaching plans.
It's one to put on the back boiler though, for me. If he shows any intentions of going down the coaching route then get him on board, let him work through his badges and start with the youth team or whatever and let's get some semblance of a boot room, someone learning the trade who the fans trust and admire as the disconnection between the team and the club right now is the worst ever.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Spidey
January 28, 2018, 12:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +372
Gold Stars: 4
I wouldn't take a risk on an inexperienced manager whilst we're in the precerious position that we are. I want Slade out though, he has just evaporated all the excitement and enjoyment that I used to have as a Town supporter last season, and I hate him for doing that to me, what takes the urine is that he doesn't care that he's done that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
Marinerz93
January 28, 2018, 12:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We've been in a mess for over a decade now and there is only one person who is too blame for that, if he sacks Slade he has to go as well, let AB interview the next manager, Fenty and his cronies shouldn't be anywhere near the decision making.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Squinter
January 28, 2018, 12:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
I posted about Diz a couple of weeks ago. Reading a couple of interviews, he is doing his coaching badges.  
I would give him the job now, what's the worst he can do ?
At the minute we are at the top of a huge spiral, if we stick with Slade we run the risk of a relagation battle. Even if we stay up, lost revenue from ticket sales this season will have a huge impact on next years budget.  If Slade is still in charge in the summer, season ticket sales will be terrible, again having an effect on playing budget. Poor attendences will also have an effect on sponsership and corperate revenue.  The only way to prevent this spiral is to make a change now.

I respect peoples concerns about Diz having no experiance yet, but we can't keep picking journey man has been's ( or in Slades case never been ). Sometimes you have to take a risk, look at Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche.  Diz has got all the attributes to be a top manager, players respect him, and more importantly we as fans respect him so the atmosphere at BP will improve.  He's got plenty of contacts through the leagues, he's got a lot of respect throughout the game.  I also think if we don't get him as a manager now somebody else will.   What I would suggest would be an experianced assistant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
cmackenzie4
January 28, 2018, 12:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Whoever is in charge (manager) we are in the shite and that’s down to the way the club is being run (from top to bottom) lessons have not been learnt, we need a massive clearout but that’s not going to happen any time soon, it’s a mess.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
louth_in_the_south
January 28, 2018, 12:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,643
Gold Stars: 94
Can he do any worse than the current man ? In my opinion that would be difficult and would give the players and fans a massive lift of morale

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
KingstonMariner
January 28, 2018, 12:47pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If we'd had a younger squad I'd feel more confident that Dis would be able to get them doing what he wants them to do. I have a feeling that our aging back line may have other ideas. Were they amongst the senior players who supposedly called time on Bignot?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
dapperz fun pub
January 28, 2018, 12:53pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Teesknees

If you take your pet hamster to the games he could be the manager!!

I've stopped going so not sure he could find his way there tbh
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
Cloudy
January 28, 2018, 1:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
No no and no again!
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
MuddyWaters
January 28, 2018, 2:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I'm sure Dis has got more sense than to want to work for the board of GTFC.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
friskneymariner
January 28, 2018, 2:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
Why not bring Buckley in as Director of Football to whom Slade is answerable,might p**ss him off so much he might go.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
diehardmariner
January 28, 2018, 2:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,391
Gold Stars: 532
In the highly unlikely event that Fenty sacks his best mate, I can actually see him giving the job to Disley as one of his knee-jerk type reactions to win the fans over.

Never wanted Disley to leave but that doesn't mean I want him back as manager. Not only does he not have the right experience etc. but, more importantly, his standing with the fans will only be tarnished with a poisoned chalice like this under the stewardship of Fenty.

No, not for me.  Someone completely fresh and hungry. Ideally enough of an absolute pain that he forces Fenty to give the club away.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Gaffer58
January 28, 2018, 2:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Bringing in anybody at this moment would hopefully be a boost, just winning one game in the next 3 would be an improvement, so whoever comes in would have the fans on board straight away, and as for coaching badges, I am afraid I think they are cobblers, just because you can pass an exam, probably do a power point presentation, oh wait we know all about them!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
Kris2
January 28, 2018, 3:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,628
Gold Stars: 136
Lol some threads on here are funny. Some of you local yokels can't think of anything outside the idea of local and loyal. "Is he local? Does he love the club? If not he's excrement" Yes we need somebody with fresh ideas we thought we'd have that in Bignot  but clearly we need somebody qualified for the job too. I don't care if somebody uses the club as a stepping stone to a bigger job as long as they do the job here and get us to where we want to be.

I don't think we need somebody connected to the club to manage us, we need somebody who can take the job and run with it and we need fresh people to run and invest in the club to back the manager. We have neither of these things right now. No idea, no money and no direction. We can't afford who we need to bring in and we can't work with what we have.
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
TAGG
January 28, 2018, 3:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid

I respect your point mate and lots of what you say is absolutely correct, i want slade gone 100% but i wouldnt be sure that Dis would be the answer at this moment

We don't need another has been manager like Slade.
Some have talked about Brown who is another Manager on the way down.
We need not only a manager but a manager that everyone can unite behind.
Why not give Diz a go untill the end of the season.
I want to sit in my seat at BP and have some pride in my fellow fans, team and manger again and I think Diz could do that.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
chaos33
January 28, 2018, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
There is some flawed, badly reasoned and sentimental tripe in this thread. People are seriously arguing for Craig Disley to be our manager!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 33
ginnywings
January 28, 2018, 9:40pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,097
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from chaos33
There is some flawed, badly reasoned and sentimental tripe in this thread. People are seriously arguing for Craig Disley to be our manager!

Quite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 33
TAGG
January 28, 2018, 9:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Yes
We need more than a manager at the moment.
We need a flag to rally to. It's not just about what is going on on the pitch.
Academic really because Our great leader will keep Slade here to protect his ego.

GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 33
davmariner
January 28, 2018, 10:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
Disley is a legend and he should be left in the hall of fame without being bothered by our predicament. I wouldn’t be against giving Danny Collins a go as caretaker. He’s played at the top level and also at international level under some good managers. He’s well respected in the dressing room and has the relevant coaching badges. He could well be in the same mould as Kevin Nolan.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Disley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.