dapperz fun pub
January 28, 2018, 11:22am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,882
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from TAGG

Coaching badges are not the be all and end all.
I've worked with blokes who have every qualification you can get and were proper excrement at there job.
We need someone in now who can unite the team and fans again.
We need someone to put the buzz back into BP and bums back on seats.
I feel Dizzy would be a good shout.
Give him a go untill the end of the season what have we to lose because we are going down with Slade anyway.
Diz for manager
UTM

If slades left in the job we are deep trouble obvious to all , Well maybe not exactly everyone

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
January 28, 2018, 11:24am
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
I'll give it a go if you like. I have no coaching or managerial experience, but i'm GTFC through and through.

Go for it mate, a lack of coaching skills didn't stop Russ getting the job and hes a mercenary.
Reply: 11 - 33
Hagrid
January 28, 2018, 11:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from TAGG

Coaching badges are not the be all and end all.
I've worked with blokes who have every qualification you can get and were proper excrement at there job.
We need someone in now who can unite the team and fans again.
We need someone to put the buzz back into BP and bums back on seats.
I feel Dizzy would be a good shout.
Give him a go untill the end of the season what have we to lose because we are going down with Slade anyway.
Diz for manager
UTM

I respect your point mate and lots of what you say is absolutely correct, i want slade gone 100% but i wouldnt be sure that Dis would be the answer at this moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
LH
January 28, 2018, 11:33am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
Isn’t having coaching badges a minimum requirement set by the FA and FL? Alex Ferguson and a few others had grandfather rights and didn’t need to get them a few years back.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
oldun
January 28, 2018, 11:43am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
For the benefit of the romantics putting in an appearance why not go the whole hog. Mooro , Diz and Macca with AB as director of football. Bring back all the half decent players we had in the past 2-3 years and our future is secured. In any case we probably only have Mceown who played with Diz. Get real folks. I know we are in a pickle but.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
RoboCod
January 28, 2018, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
I'd agree it's a bit early to start putting Diz forward, and we don't even know what his intentions are as to his future coaching plans.
It's one to put on the back boiler though, for me. If he shows any intentions of going down the coaching route then get him on board, let him work through his badges and start with the youth team or whatever and let's get some semblance of a boot room, someone learning the trade who the fans trust and admire as the disconnection between the team and the club right now is the worst ever.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
Spidey
January 28, 2018, 12:11pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +372
Gold Stars: 4
I wouldn't take a risk on an inexperienced manager whilst we're in the precerious position that we are. I want Slade out though, he has just evaporated all the excitement and enjoyment that I used to have as a Town supporter last season, and I hate him for doing that to me, what takes the urine is that he doesn't care that he's done that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
Marinerz93
January 28, 2018, 12:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We've been in a mess for over a decade now and there is only one person who is too blame for that, if he sacks Slade he has to go as well, let AB interview the next manager, Fenty and his cronies shouldn't be anywhere near the decision making.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
Squinter
January 28, 2018, 12:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +587
Gold Stars: 9
I posted about Diz a couple of weeks ago. Reading a couple of interviews, he is doing his coaching badges.  
I would give him the job now, what's the worst he can do ?
At the minute we are at the top of a huge spiral, if we stick with Slade we run the risk of a relagation battle. Even if we stay up, lost revenue from ticket sales this season will have a huge impact on next years budget.  If Slade is still in charge in the summer, season ticket sales will be terrible, again having an effect on playing budget. Poor attendences will also have an effect on sponsership and corperate revenue.  The only way to prevent this spiral is to make a change now.

I respect peoples concerns about Diz having no experiance yet, but we can't keep picking journey man has been's ( or in Slades case never been ). Sometimes you have to take a risk, look at Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche.  Diz has got all the attributes to be a top manager, players respect him, and more importantly we as fans respect him so the atmosphere at BP will improve.  He's got plenty of contacts through the leagues, he's got a lot of respect throughout the game.  I also think if we don't get him as a manager now somebody else will.   What I would suggest would be an experianced assistant.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
cmackenzie4
January 28, 2018, 12:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Whoever is in charge (manager) we are in the shite and that’s down to the way the club is being run (from top to bottom) lessons have not been learnt, we need a massive clearout but that’s not going to happen any time soon, it’s a mess.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Craig Disley

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.