This thread currently has 19,972 views. Print
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
oldun
January 27, 2018, 6:08pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I think Nathan is a genuine pro with good skills. However I am not a fan of trying to recreate old flames. I think this is one where the club have found an opportunity to try to keep the fans happy. I wish him well though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 81
Swansea_Mariner
January 27, 2018, 6:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Not for me. If Slade ain't picking DJ then he won't pick Nath.

We do need some extra bods in the building though, need to flesh out that third string a bit as their bench is looking a bit light. #Signingnumber23
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 81
mr b
January 27, 2018, 6:09pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +27
Will fill the space left when Dembele go’s !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 81
mariner91
January 27, 2018, 6:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,636
Gold Stars: 261
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Not for me. If Slade ain't picking DJ then he won't pick Nath.

Nah, a manager would have to be absolutely crackers to sign people and not play them. Next you'll be telling me that a professional (allegedly) manager would give out two year contracts to players he doesn't deem worthy of being in the match day squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 81
January 27, 2018, 6:10pm
Guest User
Quoted from 28195
He would certainly bring character and leadership into the team, sadly lacking now and the reason we struggle to get back into games when we go behind.

Not having a go at the lad, but I am not sure he is a leader at all. From the outside looking in, he seems very quiet. I know he has had massive problems with anxiety which must be horrible to deal with. He's pushing 31, no links with any of the squad aside from Mckeown. Remembering through rose tinted glasses is fine, but for much of the time he was in and out of games and very up and down. I am not convinced he is the answer at League two level.
Reply: 34 - 81
oldun
January 27, 2018, 6:13pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
Quoted from 75

Not having a go at the lad, but I am not sure he is a leader at all. From the outside looking in, he seems very quiet. I know he has had massive problems with anxiety which must be horrible to deal with. He's pushing 31, no links with any of the squad aside from Mckeown. Remembering through rose tinted glasses is fine, but for much of the time he was in and out of games and very up and down. I am not convinced he is the answer at League two level.

Lincoln don't think so either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 81
sonofmadeleymariner
January 27, 2018, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
He must be wondering what he's getting himself in it, after watching that

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 81
jimgtfc
January 27, 2018, 6:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,094
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Sigone
Was told he's on transfer list, would love to sign for town but no contact from club yet.

There certainly was some ‘contact’ today after the game as a certain non chairman ushered Nathan and his partner into the boardroom with his arm around him.

He’ll be a good squad player and may lift the morale of the supporters temporarily, but unless the team can turn around this dismal run of form then I fear the memory of him in tears at Wembley will be replaced by him being part of one of the worst teams I’ve seen at Blundell Park in the 30 years I’ve been watching.

I can only hope and pray that he can spark an upturn in our fortunes once more.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 81
BS baffles brains
January 27, 2018, 6:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 1
he must be desperate
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 81
Theimperialcoroner
January 27, 2018, 6:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,189
Gold Stars: 102
I suspect it means Jones or Dembele havegone.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nathan Arnold

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.